44

( PHANTOM )

      In a Motel, Dean, Sam and Elena are all asleep. Sam rustles in the bed, not getting comfortable, decides to go to the bathroom.

      He splashes water on his face and dries it with a towel. When he's done, he leaves the bathroom and looks up to see something shocking.

     Automatically, Sam rushes over to Dean and taps him. He sleeps soundly in one of the decorated chairs since Elena was sleeping in Dean's bed. Dean groans in his sleep, but doesn't move. Sam pushes him this time and when Dean doesn't move again, he slaps him on the face.

      Dean gets up quickly. "Dude! Watch the face!" He yells and Sam shushes him.

      "Look." Sam points to Elena's bed.

      "What the hell...?" Dean says.

      Sam and Dean both look over at Elena's bed. She was fast asleep with her hands on her stomach, like something you would see in a casket. The only odd thing was that she was hovering. Two feet above the bed.

      "Should we wake her?" Sam asks his brother.

      "I don't think we should." Dean says. "She could be possessed or something." Both brothers walk to the side of Elena's bed and just stare at her.

      "Dean, she's something." Sam says. "At first I wasn't sure, but now I know."

      Dean looks at Sam. "But what is she exactly." He says rhetorically.

      Sam begins walking back, but accidentally trips on the chair. In an instant, Elena falls to the bed and opens her eyes. She looks at the brothers. "What happened?" She asked them. Sam and Dean exchange looks.

      "You floated, like in some Houdini act or something." Dean says and Elena looked at them like they've lost their minds.

      "Floated." She repeats.

      Sam put his hand on his hip. "More like hovered, but that works too."

      "I don't know what's happening to me." Elena says and shifts her weight so that her legs dangled off the bed.

     Elena gets up on two feet as Dean and Sam back away defensively. "Woah, easy tiger." Dean says.

      "I'm not gonna hurt you guys." Elena admits as she looks at them.

      "Well that's a relief." Dean says sarcastically. "You can float, what else can you do?"

      "I don't know, this is all so new to me." Elena says. "If we're ever gonna find out who or what I am, now is the time."

HIBBING, MINNESOTA
[ ☾]

      A young boy is watching TV in his bedroom. He hears a noise outside and looks out the window. A man is walking in a parking lot with two bags of garbage in his hands. The man throws the bags into a dumpster and starts walking back to his car.

      He hears the same screeching noise and stops. He gets down on his knees and looks under the car. He sees something that horrifies him, although the audience does not see it, and stands up quickly.

      An invisible force pulls him back to the ground, on his stomach. He is dragged under the car, screaming, until he is gone. The boy looks frightened and shuts the curtains.

      In the boy's living room, Dean and Sam are dressed as Sheriffs, Elena a Deputy. They are talking to the boy and his mother. "I know you're just doing your job, but the police have been here all week already. I don't see why we have to go through this again. The more he tells the story, the more he believes it's true." The boy's mother, Mrs McKay says.