15

( SAY IT THREE TIMES )

DREAM SEQUENCE

      "Why, Sam? Why, Sam?" Jess says.

      "No!"

      Jess bursts into flame. "Why, Sam? Why, Sam?" She continues to ask.

      "Sam, wake up." Sam heard someone say. Elena. 

      Sam wakes, confused. He sits up and looks around. He's sitting shotgun in the Impala, which is parked in front of a large building. "I take it I was having a nightmare." He says.

      "Yeah, another one." Dean says. 

      "Hey, at least I got some sleep." Sam points out.

      Dean continues to cruise down the road. "You know, sooner or later we're gonna have to talk about this." He says.

      "Are we here?" Sam averts. 

      "Yup. Welcome to Toledo, Ohio."

      Sam picks up a newspaper with Steven Shoemaker's obituary circled. "So what do you think really happened to this guy?" He asks.

      "That's what we're gonna find out." Dean says. "Let's go."

      Dean, Sam and Elena get out of the car and head up to the building. They head into room 144, marked Morgue, which is displaying two desks.

      "Hey." Dean says to the Morgue Tech.

      "Can I help you?" The guy says. 

      "Yeah. We're the, uh...med students." Dean says. 

      The Tech looks at Dean. "Sorry?" He asks.

      "Oh, Doctor-" Dean stumbles over the name. "-Figlavitch didn't tell you? We talked to him on the phone. He, uh, we're from Ohio State."

      "He's supposed to show us the Shoemaker corpse. It's for our paper." Elena says flirtatiously.  

      The Morgue Tech looks her up and down. "Well, I'm sorry, he's at lunch." He says.

      "Oh well he said, uh-" Elena stumbles. "-oh, well, you know, it doesn't matter. You don't mind just showing us the body, do you?" She places her hand on top of his.

      "S-Sorry, I can't. Doc will be back in an hour. You can wait for him if you want." He says and she pulls her hand away. 

      "An hour? Ooh. We gotta be heading back to Columbus by then." Dean says and looks at Sam.

      "Yeah." Sam says. 

      "Uh, look, man, this paper's like half our grade, so if you don't mind helping us out-"

      "Uh, look, man...no." The Tech says and Dean laughs a little.

      Dean turns around and mumbles. "I'm gonna hit him in his face I swear." Sam hits Dean on the arm. He steps in front of Dean and opens his wallet and pulls out some twenties.

      He lays a few of them, at least five, down on the Morgue Tech's desk. He picks up the money. "Follow me." He says and  leaves.

      Sam walks by Elena. "Where did that come from?" He asks her.

      "What?" She asks.

      "The flirting and hand holding." Sam smirks. "It was a nice touch."