16

( MIRROR, MIRROR )

      Sam and the gang are in the Impala while he's on the phone. "Oh really? Ah that's too bad Mr. Worthington. I would have paid a lot for that mirror. Okay, well maybe next time. All right, thanks." He hangs up.

      "So?" Elena asks.

      "So that was Mary's brother. The mirror was in the family for years, until he sold it one week ago to a store called Estate Antiques. A store in Toledo." Sam says.

      Dean turns the wheel. "So wherever the mirror goes, that's where Mary goes?" He asks.

      "Her spirit's definitely tied up with it somehow." Sam says.

      "Isn't there an old superstition that says mirrors can capture spirits?" Elena asks.

      Sam looks at her. "Yeah there is. Yeah, when someone would die in a house people would cover up the mirrors so the ghost wouldn't get trapped." He says.

      "So Mary dies in front of a mirror, and it draws in her spirit." Dean says.

      "Yeah but how could she move through like a hundred different mirrors?" Elena asks.

      "I don't know, but if the mirror is the source, I say we find it and smash it." Dean offers.

      "Yeah, I don't know, maybe." Sam says just as his cell phone rings. "Hello. Charlie?"

      Sam, Dean and Elena go back to the place they were staying. Charlie is sitting on the bed with her head on her knees and Sam and Dean have all of the curtains drawn shut, and are throwing sheets over the mirrors, or facing them to the wall or floor.

      "Hey, hey it's ok. Hey, you can open up your eyes Charlie. It's okay, all right?" Sam says and Charlie looks up slowly. "Now listen. You're gonna stay right here on this bed, and you're not gonna look at glass, or anything else that has a reflection, okay? And as long as you do that, she cannot get you."

      "But I can't keep that up forever. I'm gonna die, aren't I?" Charlie says.

      "No. No. Not anytime soon."

      Dean sits on the bed too. "All right Charlie. We need to know what happened." He says.

      "We were in the bathroom. Donna said it."

      "That's not what we're talking about. Something happened, didn't it? In your life...a secret...where someone got hurt. Can you tell us about it?" Elena asks.

      Charlie's hesitant at first, but she speaks up. "I had this boyfriend. I loved him. But he kind of scared me too, you know? And one night, at his house, we got in this fight. Then I broke up with him, and he got upset, and he said he needed me and he loved me, and he said 'Charlie, if you walk out that door right now, I'm gonna kill myself'. And you know what I said? I said 'Go ahead'."

      "And I left. How could I say that? How could I leave him like that? I just...I didn't believe him, you know? I should have." She puts her face back on her knees and starts crying again.

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.