5 ~ Snapping Necks and Telling Secrets.

Chapter 5 ~ Snapping Necks and Telling Secrets.

~Amelia's POV~

I groaned as the sunlight hit my face. I rubbed my eyes and got up.

"Hey! Not in such a rush!" Caroline exclaimed from somewhere.

"Hey Caroline, what going on? Why are you in my..room?" I asked her looking around.

"What is the last thing you remember?" She asked concern clear in her eyes.

"I, um, remember going with Damon and Stefan to rescue Elena. Then I saw Elijah and Rose. And I think Elijah snapped my neck." I asked the latter as a question since I couldn't completely believe that my own older brother would do such a thing.

"Yeah, he did. And somehow you have been unconscious for almost 5 days straight." She said.

"5 days?" I asked utterly confused. If a vampire's neck is snapped, they stay unconscious for only a few hours, definitely not days.

"Yeah, that's what none of us understood. You are a vampire so you couldn't be dead. But you didn't get up. Not even moved a little. Everyone came by to see you." She started rambling.

"So what all did I miss?"

"A lot." Caroline avoided my gaze and I instantly was on guard.

"What is it Caroline?" I probed.

"How old are you Amelia?" She asked softly.

"Very, almost as old as Elijah, that's how we know each other." There was no point keeping it from her, what was I going to get out of it anyway?

"Why did you not tell us before?" I could have been mistaken but she looked hurt.

"Because I knew you wouldn't trust me." I inched closer to her and she instantly went to the door.

"Caroline." Damon joined her and I narrowed my eyes.

"Don't be afraid of me. I don't intend to hurt you." I almost pleaded.

"Katherine?" I questioned when there was an awkward silence.

"I'll come to her."

"You know Katherine too?!" Caroline gaped.

"Yes. We go way back."

She brushed past Damon and sat on the armrest of the loveseat in the room.

"What happened?" I asked curiously.

"I was taken too. Apparently no one told Katherine that I wasn't to be sacrificed. Everyone was too busy with making sure nothing happened to precious Elena." I frowned and looked at Damon with a questioning look. "Damon found me and rescued me from my father." Caroline gave Damon a softer look and I guessed they had buried their hatchet.

"Tell me everything." I demanded.

Caroline and Damon filled me on everything that had happened in the past few days I had been unconscious.

Elijah-who Damon had staked- had come back to life and attacked Damon and Rose when they had gone to find out more about Klaus. So Rose and Elena had gone to a guy named Slater but had found him staked. So Elena had found a way to 'surrender' to Klaus. That is just for luring him to Mystic Falls. I had mentally face palmed at that. John Gilbert -Elena's uncle and biological father- had come into town and he was working with Katherine. Katherine was also now free from the tomb.

"How?" I asked incredulously when they had come to that part.

"Well, the day after we rescued Elena, she went over to Katherine alone trying to find out about Petrova Doppelgangers and the sun and the moon curse." Damon said.