41 ~ Our Mother Would So Not Get The 'Mother Of The Year' Award.

Chapter 41 ~ Our Mother Would So Not Get The 'Mother Of The Year' Award.

~Amelia's POV~

"Any progress with Alaric?" I asked Stefan as he grabbed a blood bag from the cooler.

"Nope. Nothing. Nada. Zilch." He replied frustrated. He and Kol were the ones who were in charge of getting out the information from Alaric. They didn't know how exactly to go about it. They waited till today so that they could compel him and find out but Alaric didn't know anything. So they were brainstorming another way to get it from him.

"What if you get out his alter ego. The alter ego hid the stake in the first place." Jo suggested.

"That could work." I agreed. Stefan nodded and headed to where Kol was with Alaric.

"How is it going with you two?" I asked Jo, in need of some girl talk. Anything to try and distract myself for a few minutes from all that was going on.

"It's going good. I really like him. He is sweet and caring and-"

"You are falling for him aren't you?" I asked with a grin.

"Yeah." She said shyly, looking down and playing with the hem of her top.

"What do you think is up with Caroline and Klaus?" She asked trying to divert the attention from herself.

"I don't know much. They are being quite secretive. It's obvious that they like each other so much. They went on their first date a couple days ago but none of them told me how it went!!" I scowled at the end and Jo chuckled.

"I know that you want to meddle and want them to get together already but let them do it in their own time." Jo told me ignoring my protests.

"Um, there is something I have to tell you Amelia. I think-" She started off but Stefan called out for us cutting her off. Within seconds we reached where he and Kol were with Alaric and I askd him what was wrong.

"Do you know of the cave where your family's history was etched on the walls?" He asked me with a raised eyebrow.

"Rebekah told me about Elena and Damon finding it." I replied.

"Yes, and alter ego Alaric kept the stake there." Kol said with a glare towards an unconscious and beaten up Alaric.

"So why don't we just go and get it?" I questioned confused with why they didn't just go and get it. Rebekah, Nik and I had carved our names into a cave and someone else had written the entire history of our family. It was how Rebekah had found out that Nik had killed mother and I had not done anything to stop it. That conversation was something that I didn't want to relive.

"Klaus! Get your narcissistic backstabbing butt down here!" Rebekah called out as she stepped into the living room. She was livid and I furrowed my eyebrows wondering what was wrong. Our family was united; mother was not a threat for now, everything was as good as it could get. What was up her butt?

"Little sister, what is it now?" He asked with a bored expression as he came downstairs in no hurry at all.

"I found out something interesting today. Damon and Elena put the light on what really happened to our mother." She gave an accusing look at Nik and I froze.

"You killed mother! And you led us to believe that Mikael did it." Rebekah seethed.

"Bekah, he didn't mean to-" I tried to explain and she turned to me sharply.

"You knew about it?" I nodded hesitantly and she narrowed her eyes. "How could you? You let him kill mother and not even tell us about it!"

Kol and Elijah had arrived by this time, having heard the commotion. Rebekah pointed to Kol and asked, "Did you know about this?"