26 ~ Why Are There So Many Damn Dances In This Town?

Chapter 26 ~ Why Are There So Many Damn Dances In This Town?

~Third' Person's POV~

"Hey Klaus." Caroline said slowly trying to figure out what she had just witnessed.

"Caroline, wh-what are you doing here?" Klaus asked her trying to act cool.

"I tried calling you up but you didn't pick any of my calls or reply to the texts so I thought I would drop by to see if anything was wrong..." She started and trailed off when Amelia frowned and removed her phone from her back pocket. She looked at Caroline with a sheepish expression when she noticed about 5 texts and 10 missed calls.

"Sorry Care, I kept it on silent mode. I was having a talk with Nik." Amelia explained.

"Oh yeah what was all that screaming and weird singing I witnessed?" Caroline questioned remembering what had happened just moments ago.

Amelia chuckled making Nik frown at her. He obviously didn't appreciate his sister saying all that and to add to his embarrassment Caroline was there to witness it all.

"Depends on how much you heard." Klaus asked her.

"Well I heard a door slam and heard Mia sing out something along the lines of..." Caroline started but was cut off by Amelia's hysterical giggles.

Klaus resisted the urge to face palm or even start screaming at Amelia. He didn't want Caroline to know that he liked her. He did indeed find her interesting and liked her up to some extent but there was no telling if she felt the same way about him. After all he was a 1000 year old original hybrid. And she was a 17 year old vampire who had wanted to live a normal life. If she was with him she couldn't possibly have that.

"Oh that, I was teasing Nik." Amelia said when her giggling had died down.

"I figured that." Caroline said rolling her eyes.

"Let me finish." Amelia said shooting Caroline a look which made the latter raise her hands in a 'Sorry, go on' motion. "As you must have deciphered from my not so low singing, Nik-oomph" she was cut off by Klaus placing a hand over her mouth before she said anything that wasn't supposed to be said.

A look of hurt passed through Caroline's eyes which didn't go unnoticed by Amelia. She made it a point to ask Caroline about it later.

Amelia licked at the hand over her mouth and Klaus yanked back his hand scowling at his sister.

"Why they hell did you do that?" He asked incredulously. He just got a shrug in return.

"Let's drop it." Amelia suggested. "Nik is acting like a 5 year old. An extremely fussy at that one." She continued with an eye roll.

Caroline gave a soft chuckle while Klaus glared at his twin. "I am standing right here you know?" He said. "And you licked someone's hand!"

"Yeah, I know." Amelia said with a cheeky smile.

Klaus rolled his eyes at the childish behavior by her. "I gotta go and get some work done. You, don't you dare say anything." He said the latter with a pointed look to his sister.

"I am not making any promises." Amelia called out to him as he started walking away.

Nik rolled his eyes at her and turned to Caroline and said, "Bye Caroline. See you later."

He was in a confused state of mind when he got just a soft mumbled 'bye' from her.

Caroline was sad and she didn't know why. She obviously derived that Klaus liked someone, maybe was even in love with the girl. She felt an unusual feeling in the pit of her stomach that she couldn't explain. At the thought of Klaus with someone else she felt something that felt a lot like jealousy. She brushed it off not wanting to give it more thought.