52 - Welcome to the Betrayal.

Chapter 52 – Welcome to the Betrayal.

Edit – The cure is given to Michael not Katherine.

~Amelia's POV~

"How did this happen?" I snarled, looking at an unconscious Michael lying on our bed.

"Michael and Matt were looking for the cure for some reason. Katherine saw and questioned them just as they found it. It resulted in a scuffle and Matt tried giving the cure to Katherine but Michael intervened." Kol narrated.

"Where's Matt now?" I asked, looking around Kol's shoulder.

"He's in the 'dungeon'."

I rushed down and ripped open the door that separated me and Matt.

"Why did you do it?" I asked as calmly as possible.

"I don't know what's going on Mia." He spoke, desperation lacing his voice.

"You turned my boyfriend human!" I yelled.

"How?" Matt's confusion was not helping me tame my temper.

"Did Silas do something to you? If so, tell me now Matt, before I kill you."

"I don't even know who this Silas is more than what Caroline told me!"

"Have you run into Stefan in the past week or so?" I crossed my arms, my nails puncturing the skin of the palm.

"No, not as far as I can remember."

"What does that mean? Have you been drinking too much?"

"No, barely anything but I keep blacking out, hours at a time."

I stalked closer to him, reached my palm out to place it at either sides of his head and closed my eyes. When I opened them his eyes were pitch black.

"Who am I speaking to now?" I asked, taking a step back.

He rolled his head and answered, "Trevor."

"So, Trevor, why did you feed Michael the cure?" I asked.

"Qetsiyah wanted the cure destroyed and a human doppelganger. It was just unfortunate that your boyfriend had to be turned into a human."

"Why does Qetsiyah want a human doppelganger?"

"I don't know. I just do as she says and hope she sticks to her side of the deal and puts me out of this blue eyed all American quarterback's body."

"He's a linebacker." I murmured in spite of myself.

"What else can you tell me that will help me out here?"

"Qetsiyah is in cahoots with the Mystic Falls gang."

"Oh, that's going to be fun now."

I ensured the ropes holding Matt were tight enough and walked out, dialing a number as I did.

"Silas?" I asked when someone picked up with a 'Yello'.

"My favorite Mikaelson!" He cheered through the music playing in the background.

"You've met only Kol and I, Silas." I pointed out.

"Klaus is more my type sure, but you're pretty. Rebekah sounds too bratty, Elijah too haughty and Finn too dead." The sound from his end sounded considerably quieter so I assumed he had gotten out which ever pub he was in.

"Where are you? I need to talk to you about something and we need to get some stuff done."

"What's the matter, love?" He asked in a fake British accent.