43 ~ To Kill A Psycho Vampire

Chapter 43 ~ To Kill A Psycho Vampire

~Amelia's POV~

"Just give us the bloody stake." I argued with a determined Elena and Damon. Nik was on the brink of annoyance and his patience was about to snap any second.

It was almost 15 minutes that we were arguing about the stake. Damon and Elena refused to give it up. Nik and I knew that Alaric would get on the job of killing us the second the sun set. But Elena was being stubborn and didn't want us to kill or hurt Alaric.

"You do realize that if either one of us dies, there is a chance that you could die as well?" Nik told them with a raised eyebrow.

"We will take the chance." Elena replied making me almost facepalm.

"Elena, let me tell you one thing. Nik and I are the sires of your bloodline. If Alaric manages to kill us, everyone around here dies. And since you are a vampire now and not just a human, you die too." I told her flatly. I was tired of the games. We had to get to Alaric and we had to do it fast.

"You are lying." Elena answered after a pause. Oh god damnit.

"She isn't." Eliza commented, joining our little group.

"Are you sure?" Damon questioned.

"Yeah. I was researching about that the entire time. No matter how much you hate them or want to kill them, you can't. Not unless you want to die yourself." Eliza said to Damon. Finally someone with a little bit of common sense!

"Here, catch." Eliza threw something at us and Nik caught it before I could. It was the stake. I glanced at her in confusion.

"Why are you just handing it over to us?" I asked her. "You surely want something in return."

"Yes, of course I do." She nodded and came closer. I saw her eyes flicker to Nik briefly before returning to reach my gaze.

"In your mother's grimoires there might be a spell or something that brings back the old Alaric. If there is a chance to save him, I want you to do so." Eliza told me and I nodded.

"Also, you are to leave everyone of this town alone. We don't interact with you and you don't interact with us. If you guys decide to stick around, we live in peace with one another." Elena was about to protest but Eliza silenced her with a look making me smirk.

"We are fine with that. You live your own life and we won't bother you." I said on behalf on my family. Nik seemed intrigued by the stake and probably didn't even listen to the conversation.

"We will see what we can do about Alaric. If he comes at us we will kill him. But if I find something by then we will try to bring the old him back. Nothing would give me more pleasure than spoiling our mother's plans in killing us all." I said with a smirk. Not waiting for a reply, the two of us got out of there.

"Where could he possibly be? It's a big town. Even with all our hybrids that are still in this town helping us, we wouldn't be able to find him." Nik told me.

My phone ringing cut my thought process. I frowned when I saw Stefan's number flashing on the screen. I had a feeling that it wasn't going to be good news.

"Stefan, what's wrong?" I answered.

"How did you know something was going to be wrong?" He asked instead.

"So that's a yes then." I said flatly.

"Yeah. Jo's gone, Alaric took her." Stefan told me softly.

"You were supposed to be with her 24/7 Stef. How did this happen? Do you know where he took her?" I asked him calmly.

"We were outside because Jo was tired of being cooped up in the house so as we were going through some alley, Alaric somehow sneaked up on us and knocked me out. When I woke up Jo was gone. I know where he took her though. I tracked down Jo's phone; they are in the high school."