55 - Fight Fire with Fire

Chapter 55 – Fight Fire with Fire

RECAP

The Mikaelsons apart from Kol and Amelia are in New Orleans to protect Hayley. Davina, a young powerful witch got attached to Amelia during her brief stay and looks to her for advice. This gets Amelia in Marcel's good books. His problems lie with Klaus who wants to take back his home as the rightful king. Marcel and Klaus come to a truce which is quick to break when Klaus attacks him under suspicions of harming Hayley.

Hayley remains a secret to the vampires but completely aware by the witches who try to manipulate the Mikaelson family through her.

Silas kills Amara and asks Amelia to kill him which she does. Thankfully this happens after Bonnie is the anchor to the supernatural purgatory. Amelia kidnaps and imprisons Qetsiyah in her basement before putting her in a prison of her own making by using Katherine, Elena and Bonnie for help.

Michael became a pawn in Qestisyah's games when she tries to attack Amelia indirectly for betraying her. Michael is fed the cure that effectively rids him of his vampire powers.

Amelia gets a disturbing call from her family in New Orleans where things have gone south due to Marcel and Klaus fighting again. Hayley was attacked by unknown foes and Amelia rushes to finish up any mess remaining in Mystic falls so that she can be with her family.

~Amelia's POV~

"Thank you for your help." I said genuinely, directing it at Elena and Bonnie once we were back at the gigantic living room.

I poured myself a glass of wine to de compress and offered another to Katherine which she took with a wink. After a second thought I poured two more and extended it to Elena and Bonnie.

"Being dead changed you like crazy." Katherine commented when Bonnie took the glass without hesitation.

"Opened up my eyes to a lot." Bonnie nodded to herself and a look I had seen so often within my family passed through her face.

"It gets better." I said softly and her eyes snapped to mine and she dipped her chin slightly.

Elena looked between us silently, looking out of place, sipping on the wine that she took only after Bonnie did.

"There are some matters we have to discuss." I breached the topic carefully not wanting to give away much. I took a breath before continuing, "We might be leaving soon."

"Why?" Bonnie's eyes were calculating, searching, waiting.

"Hadn't you already left?" Elena added, a confused frown gracing her face.

"Yeah, the end of the fucking world as we know it kind of brought me back here." I rolled my eyes and I saw Katherine suppress a smirk from the corner of my eyes.

"My family is still in New Orleans, save for me and Kol." I explained. "Look, I really want to place my cards out on the table but I don't know much for now. I just know that I need to go with them and get some shit sorted. It's one of the other places we've considered to be our home and someone is threatening my family and my home."

"Does this have anything to do with the pregnant she wolf?"

"Does being an anchor mean your omnipotent?" Katherine piped up and Elena looked surprised at this news.

"No, but I know I'm right. That's why you left in such a hurry the first time, didn't you? There was a very chatty witch from New Orleans recently."

"The witches of New Orleans are ancestral witches. They shouldn't be going through you." I paused. "At least that's what I've thought for so long."

"Back to the topic, Mia." Katherine prompted gently.