3.1

A few days later..

August Alsina

I was in my closet looking fa sum ta wear fa my interview taday. I gave my stylist tha day off since she been onna grind thru tha whole tour, so I knew she needed a break.

It was Wednesday, which meant it was day one of A Day With Aug. We really ain't talked much since that day I took Cydney out ta breakfast 'cause I been busy and she had been too, so it wasn't really a big deal at tha moment. We text hea and thea every now and then but we ain't really held a decent convo. I decided ta call hea ta see if she was ready or in the process of getting ready.

It rang a few times befo' she picked up. "Hello?" She said the sleep evident in ha voice.

"Cyd, I hope ya ass ain't still in bed." I said as I put my phone on tha bed so I could put on my shirt.

I decided on going with sum slight and a pair of J's. It was still hot as hell hea in October fa some reason, but I ain't mind cause ion like tha cold. I topped it off wit my three signature gold chains and ma bottom grill, along wit my favorite pair of Gucci shades my Nation bought me.

I could hear Cydney mumbling sum' as I picked my phone back up, but I couldn't understand what she was sayin'. "Cyd?"

She groaned out sum' again, but I still ain't know what she said so I shrugged it off.

"Look, imma be there inna hour and ya ass better be dressed an answerin' tha do'." I said hoping she was conscious enough ta hea me.

She mumbled back something else before she ended the call. I shook my head and finished getting ready.

"Bet, ha ass still gon be in bed."

~

I knocked on Cydney's door and waited a few seconds for a reply before knocking again. Ha ass was prolly still in the bed.

"Yung, we gotta get a move on soon." Big T said behind me.

I had less than a hour ta get across town ta this radio interview and Cyd's ass was gonna make me late. "T, wait right hea incase she come ta tha door." He nodded and stood his ground at tha door.

I remembered Cydney telling me ha cousin living right next do' so I walked myself down ta ha door hoping she was in thea. I knocked on tha door and waited.

Before I knocked again, Hazel opened tha do'. "And what brings you to my door?" She asked crossing her arms,

"Cyd won't open tha door. And we got shit ta do today. Can you lemme in ha place?" I said inna rush.

"Oh that's right.. y'all got that thang this week huh?" She grabbed ha set of keys that was on a key holda and walked down ta Cydney's apartment with me followin' ha. "She was up at the studio all night. She probably just went to bed." We reached her door and she unlocked it fa me.

"'Preciate it, Hazel." I said holdin' tha door.

She nodded, "You own me a date with my boo Breezy. I ain't no locksmith." She joked before walking off.

I laughed before steppin' inta Cydney's place. T stayed outside tha door not wantin' ta invade ha home. He tapped his watch reminding me tha time we was on and I just nodded and shut tha door wanting ta be as quick as possible, already knowin' how girls get when they gettin' ready. They take faeva.