17.1

Aug no longer has the DefJam email for booking in his Instagram bio, that's all I'll say 🤐

Cydney's Instagram is @ grahamsydney for y'all who ask.

"Do you really think her being down here would be a good idea?" I asked.

"Honestly, I don't know. Yes the temptation is nearby where you are, but the people who got her into the mess are closer to where I'm at. Either option isn't good, but your place is better. Maybe her being around her daughter will help change her ways around."

I sighed for about the hundredth time this morning. For the past hour I'd been talking to my aunt about what to do with my mom.

Eventually, we came up on the agreement that if she stayed here, she'd be working a real job where ever she can, paying in on the rent and other house bills. Let's not forget her curfew too.

After getting off the phone, I decided to take the little time I had to get dressed for the day. A sweatshirt of August's and my grey leggings would do it for the day. I didn't have much planned other than the meeting at the studio that was a hour or so from now.

Walking from my room, I stopped at the guest room to check on Andrea but seeing as the door was wide open, she wasn't in there. As I kept walking to the front, I could smell bacon frying.

"Afternoon," She said over her shoulder as she payed attention the the food on the stove.

"Afternoon.." I said narrowing my eyes, observing her.

Her hair was in a neat ponytail, she wore the pair of sweats and t-shirt I lent her. For the most part, she looked clean, sober I guess.

It was slightly weird having her in my kitchen cooking, but that would be something I'd have to get use to. "I talked to Aunt Brenda."

"I know, I did too." She said while scooping the eggs from the pan onto two plates. "I remember you slept late a lot when you were little, do you still enjoy a late breakfast?"

"Not really.."I said feeling sort of bad. The way I did things changed a lot after moved out. I slept in late from time to time, but I rarely ate breakfast on those days.

"Oh," She continued to fix the plates, "Well if you don—" "I have a long day ahead of me, I should eat though." I said grabbing a plate from the counter and sitting at the table.

She smiled slightly before bringing her plate to the table, sitting across from me.

"I really like your place," she spoke, making conversation. "It's cozy."

I nodded in reply as a thanks since my mouth was full of food. The fluffy eggs and pancakes just reminded me of how great of a cook she was when I was little. I was surprised her cooking skills held up.

"Uhm, and I saw that old picture of you and Jordan in the living room.." She began.

"Yeah.."I said simply while forking the pancakes on my plate. It may sound bad, but I really didn't want to talk to her, especially about my brother.

"Well, I have to leave in a few minutes." I stated as I stood up from my seat. "I've got a meeting at work."

"Alright," She stood up herself, grabbing my half eaten plate up under her clean one. "I guess I'll see you later on?" She said before walking off to the kitchen.

"Yeah," I replied while slipping on my favorite Vans.

I managed to make it to the studio with a good ten minutes to spare. To pass time, I pulled out my phone and began going through all my social media sites.