25.1

Y'all don't come fa Cris (Augs voice) she just trying to help but not really 😂

3 POV changes, pay attention to them

Omniscient

Sitting on the balcony, feet kicked up and legs crossed at the ankles against the railing, Aug held a lit blunt in his hands while a half empty bottle on Hennessy rested on the ground

He hadn't smoked in months, but the drinking hadn't done he trick for him. Today was considered one of the longest days of the year for him. He looked at the dates inscribed on his forearm, today's date standing out.

Aprils 15th.

Letting out another cloud of smoke, he looked on the glass table beside him, that held his phone. It lit up again, reminding him of his missed calls and unread text messages.

Picking up the phone in his free hand and resting his finger over the home button, he gained access. He tapped on the message icon opening up the first thread.

Cyd 😍💜: babe you doing okay?

I know it's a rough day for you and if you need to get your mind off of it, I'm here for you to talk to 😌

I'm trying to be sensitive but I just wanna cut your ass for reading and not replying to me 😢

He laughed slightly before continuing the rest of the messages. There were about six or seven more, all consisting of the same words, differently placed. He stopped scrolling as one stood out the most for him.

Well at least tell Mel Happy Birthday for me🌹

Exiting the messages, he held it together until he couldn't and broke down at the sound of her voice coming though his phone speaker, not knowing he accidentally called her at two in the morning.

"August?" He didn't say anything but he was there, "It's alright, you don't have to talk. I can just talk, you said you liked hearing me talk right?"

August let out a small laugh followed by a sniff as he shook his head, letting Cydney know he was still there.

"You remember when you told me about that one time you and Mel were out driving around?"

August nodded as if she could see him, thinking of one of the last few times he saw him.

"So you mean ta tell me you ready ta settle down, just like dat huh?" August spoke of his brothers' growing relationship with Chandra.