39

Lettuce pray for happiness 🙃

I took my time walking to the front door. Stopping at the mirror by the door making sure I looked presentable, I redid my bun sticking it on top of my head.

"August?" I immediately got irritated with him, "Why the hell you ain't use your key, for your house."

"I couldn't, get it," he muffled due to having a plastic bag between his teeth.

"You couldn't get it but you could ring the damn doorbell twenty million times?" I grabbed a couple of bags from his hands.

"I used my shoulda."

He walked in shutting the door with his foot, removing the plastic bag from his mouth into his hand.

"There's so many things wrong with this picture, I can't even.." I mumbled.

He pulled one of those, I'm not making more than one trip so let me try to kill myself grabbing all the bags at once moves.

l shook my head at him, doubting that I was going to get back to sleep so I questioned him.

"What's all this stuff for?" I peeked in the bag I sat down on the counter before he smacked my hand away.

"Okay, ow." I rubbed the top of my hand.

"That's for me to know and you to find out later on tonight." Hen started to put things away in the fridge.

"Is that crawfish I see," I peeked into the bag and he only smacked my hand away again.

I thought for a moment, what's tonight? It wasn't his birthday, it definitely wasn't mine. Which reminds me I need to figure out what I should get him for his birthday which was tomorrow..

"Did you do something?" I asked.

"Naw, I can't just do sum nice fa you?"

"I guess you can.." I sat at the island leaning on my fist.

"So, you think you could dismiss yourself for a few hours, maybe until I'on kno'... eight?"

"Eight? It's only one, what I'm supposed to do until then?"

"Here," he slid his wallet from his back pocket and opened it. Taking his AMEX out, he put it on the counter in front of me.

"Have at it. Get you something nice for tonight, get ya hair done, nails allat, hell even take Hazel with you. Just don't come back until..." He pointed to me.

"Eight?" I answers and he nodded.

Although I didn't want to do anything today, I didn't argue with him. Whatever he had planned for the two of us must be hella important so I figured the least I could do was abide by his rules.

"Okay, I'm gonna go get ready," I stood.

"Aight, gimme a kiss," he poked his bottom lip out.

I granted him a kiss, a deep one at that, before I felt something nudged hardly at the back of my kneecaps pushing me forward. Luckily August caught me from falling.