13

I wrote this story for my 1 friend to read and now I'm almost at 3K reads. That's great, and I appreciate all y'all who like it!

1st week of January, 2016

A few weeks had gone by and to say the least, August and Cydney were growing closer to each other without even knowing it. Along with the new year, they'd made new rituals.

Whenever August could fit her into her schedule, she was there. When Cydney was available, August was the first to call or text to see what his plans were for the day.

After the hectic release, August didn't feel as if his album got the recognition it deserved. With the help of Cydney being in his face all the time, he'd learned to become completely fine with that fact that his sales from this album weren't as good as his first one.

He knew that it wasn't what people wanted to hear about; sex, drugs and money, but it was what he wanted the people to hear. Just the simple fact that he knew that Cydney was on his side, was enough for him.

Cydney on the other hand, felt as if she was missing something. Whether it was her absent mother's love biting her tail again or just the simple fact that her feelings were getting stronger for August. Unless she was dancing, with Hazel or seeing August, she kept to herself.

"August?" Cydney said over their scheduled FaceTime call.

The two were talking for the first time in days, but no more than a week

The two were talking for the first time in days, but no more than a week. August had been busy traveling but finally made it home, while Cydney was working hard to get her degree early in the upcoming month of March, finishing her current semester classes and getting a head start on her final three month course beginning in the end of February.

Studying for finals were kicking her butt she often thought but as if on que, August would seem to appear, call or text when ever she was getting too stressed out for her own well being which calmed her down, and helped her study, allowing her to ace her tests.

"Yea?" He mumbled back lifting up his head from the pillow he was laying on.

She was pretty sure he was falling asleep in his bed, while she sat in her living room surrounded by open books and empty bags of different snacks.

"You look tired," looking up from her book, she looked at him dead in the eyes seeing the bags up under them.

"I am," he answered, "but I'm helping you stay focused, my off day tomorrow anyways."

"But we ain't even talkin' though."

"We'll shit, I can go if you don't wa--"

"No, no. I never said that," she smiled, cutting him off. "I just don't wanna be the reason my lil' Auggie's losing sleep."

"You gon chill out wit that name, Cyd." He said. He secretly loved that name, he found it funny but in his head head, he'd rather her call him daddy.