30

When I woke up, it was early in tha mornin' 'round seven. I checked my phone fa any messages and I had a few.

One from Danielle about my tour dates that would would be kickin' off next month, all tha way ta September.

Two messages from my mama 'bout ha askin' whea I was.

And one last one from Chandra who wanted me ta make sure I hang wit my nieces a lot 'fo I head off on my tour.

I replied back ta all of them except Danielle. I was avoiding ha at all cost right na. If she wanted ta talk ta me, have someone else hit me up.

I eased my body from unda Cydney's, makin' ha stir 'round but not wake up. She did grip onto my arm and I hadda pry ha fingas off me.

Once I did that, I went inta tha bathroom and brushed my teeth with my toothbrush I kept over here then washed my face.

Leaving tha bathroom, I looked at Cydney ta make sure she was still sleep and she was knocked out, cuddlin' a pillow that I guess was my replacement.

"Big ole' baby," I mumbled, chuckling ta myself befo' leavin' tha room.

"Hey, Mrs. Michaels." I said as I made it into tha kitchen.

I always thought why she kept the last name of a man that was no longer around, minus the suffix.

"Good morning August," she turned around to face me with a mug of Coffee in her hand. "Didn't know you were here."

"Yea, Cydney wasn't feelin' too well when I got hea' so I ended up stayin' tha night."

"Oh, what was wrong with her? She seemed fine when she left the studio."

"She was fine but I guess she got sick a'sum," I leaned against tha counter.

I tol' ha about how Snoop came over, but that was it. Whateva else happened was fa Cyd ta say and not me.

"Oh, I wish I would've got to see him, it's been years." She sipped ha coffee, "But I should go check on her before I leave."

"She good na, just tired."

"Are you sure?" She tried ta head ta tha back but I pulled ha back by ha arm.

"She sleepin' right na and I know you gotta get ta work. I don't know if she wanna go ta work taday or not so I just wanna let ha rest. Is that fine?" I asked.

She looked back at me befo' reluctantly noddin'.

"I live with my own daughter, but yet I never know what's wrong with her." she shook ha head.

I'ca tell she was feelin' disappointed as a mama but I had no words fa ha. Me and my mama was in tha same boat as ha and Cydney.

My mama did a lotta wrong thangs and still do na but she workin' on it.

"Sometimes I feel like I'm not doing what I need to be.. I know she's grown and all now, but I wish I could be that mother than she'd go to everything bout when she was little, Y'know? Before everything changed."

I nodded undastandin' what she was sayin'. Some times I wished I could have my mom back from befo' I hit middle school. She she loved and cared fa ha kids unconditionally.