23

Bae gettin' swole lowkey but he need to add some leg workout exercises tho..

A month later

"Back from your little hiatus are we?" Danielle leaned forward on tha glass table top.

"Hiatus? Y'all needed somethin', y'all could've hit a nigga up." I sat back in my chair.

I was in the meeting room of DefJam along with a few board members. I was bout fed up with them and this damn meetin'.

"If you would answer the phone, and not stay wrapped under your lil' girlfriend. We wouldn't be struggling to get to you!"

"Look, ain't nobody tryna hea ya mouth this early in tha day." I waved ha off not phased, "And what Cydney got to do with this, huh? I don't be wrapped up unda anybody."

"Really now? She folded her arms, "You being up under her, seem to have forgotten your responsibilities as an entertainer. You have people who look up to you."

"I ain't fa'get shit and I damn sho' ain't fa'get my nation."

"Then act like it. The only reason we agreed on this 'A Day With Aug' thing, was to grow your fan base and popularity." She sighed. "Believe me, it worked but we should've made you drop her from the get go."

"You what?" I said in disbelief.

She shook her head, "You heard me August. Cristina was a better fit for your image anyways." She shrugged.

I know she ain't just say a class A thot was better for my image.

"I can't believe this shit," I mumbled standing up, "I came in hea ta talk business not ta get told some shit that ain't true."

"Well you need to hear it August. The label isn't down to put up with you much longer." Danielle pointed ha fingas in my face but I slapped ha hand out the way.

"My mama don't even put a fanga in my face. I'on kno' who you thought you was." I barked back at her.

"Whatever," she backed down.

"Look August sit down please," Lana my stage manager said. "But she is right August." She turned in ha chair ta face me, I stood still. "You're making a big mistake, Aug. You don't drop something, someone is bound to get dropped."

"I can't save you anymore August." Danielle added.

I wish she'd shut ha irrelevant ass up.

"Can we get back on what we need ta do?" I asked brushin' them off. I wasn't finna drop my girl, man.

"You need to get rid of that lil girl you be runnin—" "Danielle chill. Let me talk to him." Lana cut her off.

"Listen August, this is what we need. We need you to chill out with Cydney okay?"

"Why?" I asked.

"You need to focus on your music, Aug. we got plans to—" "I just dropped a album, what you mean?"

"That was last December, it's now almost March." I shook my head, can't a nigga take a break?