25.2

Locking my phone, I smiled at the soon to be plans I just made. I placed my phone down on the bedside table and brought my hand to August's hair, running my fingers through it.

His head was rested on my torso as his arms were wrapped tightly around my waist, his legs entangled with mine. For some reason I couldn't help but to smile at him and watch his bare back move as he breathed in and out.

I pulled my fingers from his hair and grabbed my phone to snap a pic. He stirred around from the shutter sound and I posted it on snap with the caption my big baby 😍.

"Why you snappin' pics a'me while I'm sleep?" He said groggily.

"Cause it was too cute to pass up, see." I showed him but I was sure he didn't bother to open his eyes since he mumbled a reply.

He quickly fell back asleep, so I let him be for the next thirty minutes.

It was going on one in the afternoon and we'd had a long night, well morning. He was hungover and possibly still coming down from his high a few hours ago. I did a few measly puffs and I swore I'd never smoke again. He on the other hand, smoked like a freight train.

I eased from under him after prying his arms from my waist and setting foot on the carpet.

I showered, changed into a comfy pair of leggings and a loose tank top as my traveling attire. Looking back at August, he was knocked out lying on his back, a leg hanging over the edge and his mouth open. Although it was a funny sight to see, I needed him to wake up and get dressed.

"Aug," I pulled the covers from his upper half. He stirred but didn't wake.

Sitting beside him, I pulled on his hair a little, "August wake up."

"Whatchu want mane." He covered his head with a pillow.

"I want you to get up, we got a long day planned."

"What you mean?" He removed the pillow from his head.

I looked at the bags under his bloodshot eyes and how his eyelids were barely raised. Only the Gods above could fix how fucked up he looked.

"Well, I don't want you in the house moping around all day so we're going on a small trip," I made the gesture with my pointer finger and thumb almost touching.

"Cyd, I ain't tryna do shit taday. I just wanna chill."

"And we will.. once we get to where we going."

"How you just gon' expect me ta get up and go wheaeva when you ain't even tell me whea we goin'?"

"Cause I wanna make you feel better."

"You'ca make me feel betta if you just rode dis—" "August." I cut my eyes at him.

He smacked his lips, getting out the bed slowly. I followed him to the bathroom, standing in the door way.

"Please? If you don't like it, we can leave as soon as you say the words." We wouldn't leave if he held me at gunpoint.

He looked at me through the mirror, wetting his toothbrush, "Fine."