15

Cydney Michaels

For the third time this week, I woke up in the arms of August. I never thought of him to be the cuddle type but he was, more that me I'm sure.

Multiple times I would try to escape his grip in the night but his arms would snake back around me, tighter than they were before. I turned over to face him, his arms still around me and just stared at him taking in the view. Hearing his light breathing put me at ease as I smiled.

Reaching up, I pulled my fingers through his thick good grain of hair, as he would call it. This had become something I figured out helped relax him some. There were plenty of times when he needed to.

I pulled my fingers from his hair and started to rest them on the bed before he spoke.

"Why you stop?" He grumbled in his sleepy voice, patting around the bed for my hand and placing it back on his coils.

I giggled before massaging his scalp again. "I thought you were sleep, big head."

"Hard ta sleep when someone's starin' at you," he said, opening one eye.

That was another thing; I couldn't just look at him without him noticing. Not while he was awake and definitely not while he was asleep.

"I can't just take in God's' breathtaking creation?" I said dramatically.

"Well shit, when you put it that way.." He trailed off making me smile.

"Last day in Dubai. What you wanna do?" He stretched his limbs, causing bones to pop.

Since it was the last full day, we all had free reign of what we wanted to do. I completely enjoyed the fact that this little club appearance had turned into a a almost week long vacation for him. I enjoyed even more the fact that I got invited.

"Hm.." I thought to myself, "Maybe just chillin' here? I dunno." I mumbled towards the end of my sentence.

"Cyd, you know what I noticed about you?"

I sat up in the bed, "What?"

"You can't make simple decisions."

"Ok, and?"

"Just sayin'." He chuckled. "You was struggling ta figure out if you wanted ta dip ya fries in honey mustard or barbecue sauce yestaday."

"Again I say, and?"

"Sometimes you just gotta say both." He waved me off about it, "Let's go ta tha pool lata when it heat up outside some."

I climbed out the bed stepping into my fuzzy slides, ready to head to the bathroom but August grabbed ahold of my shirt, we'll his shirt, making me fall back onto the bed.

"August, stoppp." I whined.

"Whea you goin?" He asked me as if he clearly didn't seen me walking towards the bathroom.

"I'm going, to the bathroom," I said in between laughs as he tickled me. "Now stop before I pee myself!"

"Aight, aight." He threw his hands up, "gon' do what you was gon' do."

*

"August, why does it seem like I'm always telling you to stop doing something?" I said gripping onto the edge of the pool.

He continued to try to pull me into the pool by my legs that dangled over the edge. The two of us were at the hotel pool just hanging out.

 The two of us were at the hotel pool just hanging out