5

Cydney Michaels

"So how are you and August?" Hazel asked me as I sat at her kitchen table eating the breakfast she fixed.

Instead of our usual going out to breakfast, we stayed in since our Friday's we're pretty chill. This week just happened to be her week to cook.

"You make it sound like we're a couple or something." I replied. "He is fine and so am I."

"Y'all might as well be, as much as y'all be hangin' out, textin', getting tattoos." she said throwing shade.

Me and her were suppose to go get our next tattoos together but, that didn't happen because I was with August. I'm always down for more ink so it wasn't a big deal to me as for her.

"Chill Haze, me and him have only spend two full days together, and you might've been right. We do have a connection. So really, this all your fault." I said and took a sip of my juice.

"Mhm, you lucky I like to see you do good and I'm not a hater." She said rolling her eyes before smiling.

I smiled back at her and she continued asking me about August. I told her of the basics we did yesterday not giving too much detail about some things.

"Anyways, what about you and Johnny?" I asked getting the subject off of me.

"Uh uh, don't try to flip this like I'm not gonna come back for your ass but I'm fine." She said.

"Okay you are but what about him?"

"What about him? I don't give a damn what that boy do. Probably out there tryna have a threesome."

I held my laughter in at how accurate she was. Johnny was a typical nigga. Always tryna smash everything that walks but yet stuck on that one female which happened to be Hazel.

"So you going to his concert tonight right?" she looked at me starting up a different topic.

"Mhm," She continued to stare and I knew what she wanted to ask. I sighed, "I never got around to asking him Hazel."

"I figured. Y'all was too busy getting tatted." She rolled her eyes.

"I'll ask him right now." I pulled out my phone checking a few things, before pulling up the message thread with August.

Last thing I remember was me letting him in my apartment and we just talked about some stuff and I guess I fell asleep and he let himself out because when I woke up, he was gone and I was on the couch with a blanket over me.

I sent him a text asking about Hazel and locked my phone back.

"So do you know what you're gonna wear?" Hazel asked me as we cleaned up the dishes from breakfast.

"Probably a crop shirt and so--" "Girl no." Hazel cut me off, putting down the dish that was in her hand.

"What?" I said confused.

"You are not wearing some basic shit to a damn concert, especially as Augusts' guest of honor. I guarantee he's gon pull ya ass up on stage. Watch."

I scoffed, "No he wouldn't." August knows how I am about crowds, he would never.

"Didn't you tell me he said there'd be a surprise at the concert that included you?"

I thought for a second nodding my head. "Well.."

"Exactly. Now c'mon, how you gon' look tonight is more important." She said pulling me out of her apartment and down the hall to mine.

After a close two hours of Hazel making me try stuff on, I decided to take a break and chill. Hazel went back to her place to see if she had something that would fit me since majority of her going out outfits, were very revealing. She thought that's what I needed.