16

Kay in the Mm but it still fits lol

"Amaiya, your hot date is here!" Chandra yelled up the steps.

After his arrival back in town, August made sure to keep his promise he made a few months ago to his niece.

Just a few hours after landing, he was really sluggish, tired as hell. He managed to get a tux and make his way a few streets over to Chandra's place with a few minutes to spare. The last thing he wanted to witness was his niece upset because of him.

Leaning against the banister of the stairs, he waited patiently for Amaiya to come down.

"That's no hot date, mama. That's Uncle Aug!" She said stopping midway of the steps before continuing. August helped her down the last few before twirling her around.

"My, my, my. Have I been blessed tanight." He smiled at her before scooping her up and hugging her tightly.

"I knew you'd make it," she spoke hugging his neck. "Uncle Trav said you won't gonna show cause that's how bad ya dancing is."

"Uncle Aug don't break promises. And stop listenin' ta him," he chuckled placing her back down, he turned around to grab the large bouquet of roses.

"Fa my lady."

"Thank you!" She squeezed his legs before passing the roses to her mom who's been snapping away with pictures.

"Na c'mon, we'on wanna be late."

*

Finger combing her hair quickly before starting up again, Cydney sat at her kitchen table taking her midterm. Only thing left would be the few chapter assignments and a final exam. Typing the keys on the keyboard quickly, reviewing what was typed and hitting submit, she was finally done.

Sitting back in the chair, she pulled out her phone to text a certain someone before remembering that he was out for the night. She shot him a quick text, not itching for a reply.

Guess who's almost done with college? 😁😁😁

In the meantime, she made her way down the hallway of the apartment complex to Hazel.

"Hey bitch," She was greeted and walking in rolling her eyes.

"Hey whore." Cydney replied before engaging in conversation.

"How was Dubai?" Hazel asked engaging in conversation.

"Good, we did a lot of everything." She explained quickly before going into detail.

"Girl, if I was you, I woulda slapped tha hell outta that bitch. Poppin' up on y'all all the time? That's a no-no in my book." Hazel said reffering to Cristina. "But I can't believe you had the balls to say that to her face! I'm shook."

Cydney thought the same thing but wouldn't speak on it.

"It wasn't that serious," She spoke, "Plus August kept tryna reassure me he ain't stuck on her like she is him. Even though I already knew that."

"What he gotta explain himself for? Y'all ain't.." she paused, piecing together the clues. "Y'all a thing now? Well damn, might as well have gone off and got married, shit." She mumbled the last part earning another laugh from Cydney.

"We—" she stopped, feeling the vibration on her thigh.

Big Daddy Aug: I'm guessin you? Lol keep grindin' Cyd 🙇🏾

Thanks AugDog 😊😊

I replied quickly with a smile on my face.

"Y'all what?" Hazel asked bringing Cydney out of her trance. "Is that him making you smile like that?" She grinned sitting up. "You smiling like he laid the pipe."