David Alaba [~] Money Can't Buy Happiness

David Alaba

For Zquad_99:

Amal sighed as her etiquette teacher corrected her on her posture and stance once again. "Your foot must not be so far forwards from the other. You'll be doing a split before you know it!" she hissed, causing Amal to sigh once again. She loved her mother dearly but this was a little much for her. Being the daughter of one of the wealthiest businessmen in all of Europe had its perks but being forced into the spotlight and appearing prim and proper at every turn made Amal almost wish she had been born into a family of farmers. Her mother, used to being a part of the upper classes of Europe with her high birth, had forced Amal into continuing the tradition of prim and properness.

Brushing out her pencil skirt, Amal was relieved that her etiquette lesson was finally over. Walking into her room, she was about to change out of the horrid pencil skirt when a knock came at the door. Sighing again, Amal walked over to the door to open it. Looking out, Amal rolled her eyes as she saw one of her mother's secretaries standing outside her room. "Yes, Marie?"

"Sorry to disturb you, Ms. Amal, but you'll need to be ready to go in a few minutes. You have a very important meeting to attend."

"Of course I do," Amal muttered under her breath. "Fine, what is it anyways?"

"The event?" Amal nodded her head in confirmation. "A ball organized by a few wealthy businessmen. There will be a lot of celebrities and businessmen attending, including most of the Bayern Munich squad."

Amal's eyes widened at the mention of Bayern Munich. It was no secret that Amal loved Bayern to the moon and back and she was sure Marie only told her the information so that she would get ready quicker. Thanking Marie, Amal wandered to her closet and picked out a formal dress. It was nude with black lace and after doing her own hair and makeup, Amal smiled at her handiwork. If the whole team was going to be there, she had to make a good first impression in her own opinion.

She was sure her mother would tell her to dance with some oil baron's eldest son or some steel lord's only child so that they could expand Amal's father's business. Amal wasn't at all interested in the business and she didn't have to be. Her brother had already laid claim to taking over the company when their father retired and Amal was happy to let him do it. Her mother, however, wouldn't settle for anything but the best for her daughter, often overlooking Amal's own beliefs for her own.

Smoothing out the dress, Amal allowed her brother to help her into the car before the two of them drove to the event. "You excited?" he asked after informing Amal that they were ten minutes away.

"Of course, all of Bayern Munich is going to be there!" Amal smiled.

"Amal, you know Mother would throw a huge fit if you brought home a footballer instead of a lawyer or an heir to a large company, right?"

"She doesn't need to know," Amal shrugged. "It's my life, she doesn't get to dictate who I can and cannot marry or date." The two siblings pulled up to the event and Amal grabbed her clutch. Linking arms with her brother, Amal sighed as they were led over the paparazzi to take several photos. Finally being able to worm their way out of the cameras, Amal smiled as she entered the hall. The room was large and there were people milling around everywhere.

It didn't take long for Amal's brother to start chatting with other favored sons near the bar and Amal found herself alone in the large room. Walking around, Amal gasped as someone bumped into her from behind, knocking her forwards and into someone's arms. Some of her bangs had fallen down, covering her eyes. Standing up again, Amal brushed her hair out of her eyes before turning to thank the person who had caught her.

Her words caught in her throat as she stared at one of her favorite footballers in the whole world. "You're David Alaba!" Amal gasped. "I'm terribly sorry for falling onto like that, someone just bumped into me and I fell forwards."

"It's no problem," the Austrian smiled. "What's your name, I can't say that I recognize your face?"

"Amal," Amal replied, smiling at David.

"Well, Amal, would you like to dance?" David offered, extending his hand towards Amal.

"I'd love to," Amal curtseyed before taking David's hand in her own. The two danced for nearly an hour before deciding that they needed a drink and some food. Amal left to use the restroom, promising David that she would return to the bar afterwards. David smiled after her as Franck made his way over to his friend.

"So you finally found yourself a pretty girl to dance with, huh?" he teased, causing David to playfully punch him. "So tell me, what's the pretty girl's name?"

"Amal," David sighed dreamily. Franck listed in his head the people he knew named Amal before he came to a realization.

"This Amal girl, do you happen to know her last name?" Franck questioned.

"No, she didn't say," David shrugged.

"Because the only girl I know Amal that would possibly attending this event, is the daughter of the wealthiest businessman in all of Germany and nearly all of Europe," Franck stated, causing David's eyes to widen. Franck was led away by Arjen not too long afterwards, as the two quickly conversed about something David couldn't make out. Amal, at this point, had returned from the bathroom and grabbed David's hand.

"Do you want to go outside?" she asked. David shook the shock out of his features before nodding and smiling at Amal. The two entered the cool Munich air, Amal sighing in relief as her warm skin met with the cool air. "David?" she called, not looking at him. "I heard Franck tell you who I am," she stated, turning around with her hands behind her back. "And I won't be offended if you don't want to get involved with me anymore."

"Why would I want to leave you?" David inquired, brushing her cheek lightly.

"A lot of people either run at this point or start trying to get into my pants or a ring on my finger," Amal sighed, "It comes with the family name I guess."

"Look, Amal, I don't want any of your family's money. I just want to hang out and have fun with you. I won't force you into anything you're not comfortable with or propose to you within the next month I promise," David stated, causing Amal to laugh.

"Yeah, I'd like that," Amal agreed. "I'd like that a lot."