Mesut Özil [~] Memory Lane

Mesut Özil

For SpottedOwl:

Sandra was flipping through one of the photo albums that was lying around her shared house with Mesut. The two had been together for years and Sandra was enjoying flipping through the memories on her day off. It was a cool London day and Sandra was curled up on the couch, Balboa curled up next to her and dozing off.

Flipping through the memories, Sandra laughed at their Kindergarten class picture. At the time, Mesut's hair was longer and he was quite lanky. Little Sandra was staring confused at the camera as her hair hung in pigtails. Laughing lightly at the picture, Sandra flipped the page to look at some of Mesut's pictures of when he first started playing with his brother and at clubs.

Mesut and Sandra had grown to be friends after being put in the same classes for several years. They were nearly best friends when they were sixteen. Then Mesut left school for football and the two lost touch. Sandra had finished high school and was a college student when they met again. Sandra smiled at the picture of the two of them meeting up again when they were both nineteen. Sandra had tackled Mesut to the ground when she saw him again and the two were smiling and laughing on the ground in the picture.

The two had gotten in touch once again after their meeting and Mesut soon asked Sandra out. It was rough with Mesut playing for Werder Bremen and Sandra at college trying to get a degree. But, they made it work. Mesut stayed in Germany long enough for Sandra to finish college before Mesut transferred to Real Madrid. Sandra was a little hesitant about leaving Germany, it was her home, their home. But, Sandra would follow Mesut to Madrid and she knew that she would never regret it.

The two moved into a house together, and set up their lives in Madrid. Sandra quickly adapted to the new climate and culture and was already fluent in Spanish, having taken it in school. Mesut admitted to her that he missed Germany but the two agreed that Real Madrid was a major step in his career that he needed to make.

At this point, Mesut and Sandra had been dating for several years and both were being pressured by their families and their friends as to when they were going to get married. Mesut popped the question in Ibiza when the two were on holiday a year after he moved to Madrid. Sandra had always told Mesut she preferred simple elegance over gaudy over embellishment that several celebrities threw into their lives. They had started from humble beginnings, and Sandra didn't want to forget about it, which caused Mesut to buy a simple diamond ring with a platinum band. Looking at her ring finger now, Sandra smiled at it.

With all of her friends back in Germany, Sandra was nervous that she would only have Mesut to turn to in Spain. Thankfully, Sandra got along with the WAGs of Real Madrid very well. Flipping the page, Sandra laughed at the picture of her bachelorette party that the WAGs had insisted upon throwing her. Vanja and Pilar had their arms thrown over her shoulders as Sandra tried to prop them both up. Laughing at the pictures, Sandra couldn't help but miss some of the Real Madrid WAGs.

Mesut and Sandra were married in a simple ceremony in Italy after the international period had stopped. It was small and intimate, the way that Mesut and Sandra preferred it, both being slightly reserved. Their families and closest friends were in attendance to see Mesut and Sandra share their first kiss as a married couple. Sandra smiled at all of the wedding photos that filled the album.

There were several cute pictures that Sandra hoped that they would be able to recreate at a later date. Flipping through the pages, Sandra smiled at the picture of Mesut carrying Sandra bridal style out of the venue. It was probably her favorite photo in the album. Mesut was carrying her down the few stairs at the entrance of the venue. There was white confetti being thrown about everywhere and Sandra and Mesut were smiling at each other, their eyes only on each other.

After Mesut was transferred to Arsenal, Sandra and Mesut had to start over again. Both had to work on their English but they improved and Sandra was very comfortable in their London home now. Closing the album, which still had several pages blank for future pictures and memories, Sandra placed it back on the shelf as the front door opened. Mesut dropped his bag on the ground next to the door and kicked off his shoes.

"What did you do today?" he asked as he made his way over to Sandra. They shared a quick kiss before Mesut walked into the kitchen to grab some fruit.

"Just walking down memory lane," Sandra shrugged, "Nothing much else. How was practice?"

"Cold," Mesut replied, causing Sandra to laugh. Walking into the kitchen after her husband, Sandra went to start making some hot chocolate.

"How about some hot chocolate, then?" she smiled, to which Mesut smiled back and nodded.

"That would be great," Mesut replied, pressing a kiss to Sandra's forehead. "But where's Balboa?"

"We were snuggling on the couch and I think he fell asleep under the blanket," Sandra chuckled, walking back out into the living room to check on Balboa. Pulling the fluffy blanket off of the pug, Sandra chuckled again when she saw that the dog was still sound asleep on the couch. Going back to finish the hot chocolate, Sandra walked back out into the living room with Mesut leading the way.

Placing the mugs on the coasters, Sandra sat on the couch next to Mesut as he pulled the fluffy blanket over the two of them. Resting her head on his shoulder, Sandra smiled as the two snuggled into each other and watched some reruns of football matches from across the continent.