Sergio Agüero [~] Family Ties

Sergio Agüero

For TheClubUnicorns:

A.N. Shout out to Castiels_Pancake for the idea!

"Just be yourself," you insisted, as Sergio nervously bounced his knee in the car. The two of you were on your way to your parents' house for Sergio to meet them and vice versa. Your words did little to settle him as you pulled into your parent's driveway. You and Sergio got out of the car and you grabbed Sergio's hand, giving it a reassuring squeeze before knocking on the door. Your mother smiled and opened the door before pulling you into a hug.

"Welcome home, sweetie. And this must be Sergio," she said, causing Sergio to nod. You walked into your childhood home, your boyfriend sticking to your back as you walked through the home. Your mother went to join your father on one of the couches as you led Sergio over to the other.

"Sergio, these are my parents. Mom and Dad, this is Sergio, my boyfriend," you introduced. Your father stared unimpressed at Sergio before nearly crushing his hand in a handshake. Sergio tried to hide his discomfort as he sat next to you.

"So, Sergio, what do you do for a living? (Y/N) said she wanted to leave all of the explaining up to you," your father stated, shooting you a look.

"Well, I play football, sir," Sergio replied.

"Football?" your mother asked, an odd look crossing over her face. She and your father shared a looked before turning back to your boyfriend. "So when are you 'in season' then?"

"Well, club season is usually August to May and international season is in the summer," Sergio explained.

"And you would consider this stable income?" your father asked.

"I make enough money," Sergio shrugged, not completely understanding your father's questions. Your parents continued to shoot off questions at your boyfriend until you pulled them out of the room, outraged that they were treating him in such a way.

"Why can't you just give him a chance?" you sighed, feeling exasperated.

"It's not that we don't like him," your mother started out.

"It's that we don't think he's the right match for you. He's a professional athlete that will probably bounce from girl to girl, probably picking up a few kids along the way. You're a law student at a prestigious university. There's probably a nice lawyer that will make a better boyfriend than Sergio will," your father stated.

"Forget it. Obviously if you don't approve of him, I'm wasting my time trying to make you see him like I do. We're leaving now, I'll call you later." You proceeded to storm out of the house, pulling your boyfriend with you. Little did you know, that you would soon be the one receiving the glares and unimpressed looks.

Sitting straight in a wooden chair in Sergio's parent's home, you attempted to smile as Sergio's mother stared you down from across the table. Adriana Agüero didn't look impressed as you spoke to Sergio's siblings about what you did and what you planned to do in the near future. You listed off several things that you thought would make her happy, including taking a few Argentine tango classes with Sergio when the two of you had recently met. No matter what you did, she still glared at you, making you sweat and thanking yourself for picking a darker dress so that the sweat stains weren't obvious.

She didn't even say a word to you the whole time, just glared with a calculated grimace at you, making you highly uncomfortable. After Sergio's siblings started to file out of the house, having to go back to their own lives, it left just you, Sergio, and his parents. "If you'll excuse us," Leonel, Sergio's father, said, "we just have to discuss family matters in the kitchen."

"No problem," you smiled even after the sense of dread fell into your stomach threatened to knock you over. Sergio gave your hand a reassuring squeeze before following his parents into the kitchen. You sat quietly, twiddling your thumbs, and hoping for the best when it came to what Sergio's parents thought of you.

"She seems like a nice girl," Sergio's father started, "but I don't think she's the girl for you, Hijo." Sergio raised an eyebrow.

"And why not? What did she do wrong?"

"Nothing, nothing," Sergio's father said quickly.

"She's not Argentine. She does not understand our culture! She can speak the language but she will never be Argentine! Hijo, please just move on from her and find a nice Argentine girl from Buenos Aires. There's plenty of pretty girls there that would make perfect wives," Sergio's mother urged.

"I love her, Mama. I don't care that she's not Argentine, I still love her with all my heart," Sergio stated firmly before standing up and walking out of the room. After bidding a tense goodbye to Sergio's parents, the two of you made your way to the airport. Landing in Manchester, the two of you remained silent, having not said words to each other since you left Sergio's parent's home. You pulled into your shared home and the both of you silently made your way into your home.

"So, that could have gone better," Sergio tried to lighten the situation.

"You think?" you sighed, placing your head in your hands.

"Why are we torturing ourselves?" Sergio asked, "Whatever they say doesn't matter."

"And what happens when we want to get married, Sergio? Just not invite our parents because they don't like us together?"

"Well you could at least try and find a solution instead of just moping!" Sergio huffed.

"Look, your mother made it very clear. I'm not Argentine, I'll never be Argentine, and therefore I can't be your wife!"

"And what about your father? He doesn't respect me or my occupation at all! He doesn't think that I'll be a stable source of income to us if we ever got married!" The two of you continued to shout and scream at each other until you couldn't help but sob at the table.

"Sergio, I don't want to fight anymore," you whimpered, causing your boyfriend's face to soften. He quickly made his way around to you and pulled you into a tight hug. "I don't want to fight," you sobbed, holding onto him tightly.

"I don't either. I'm sorry and I love you," Sergio sighed.

"I'm sorry too. And I love you too," you returned.

"Who cares what they think?" Sergio challenged. "We love each other and that's enough for me, is it enough for you?"

"Of course," you replied softly.

"Then our parents can just get over it. Because I don't want to lose you, ever." You smiled up at Sergio before you connected your lips to his own.

"And if they don't show up to the wedding ceremony, then who cares?" you asked, shrugging your shoulders.

"Not us," Sergio smiled, pressing a kiss to your forehead.