Adam Lallana [~] Scars

Adam Lallana

For fangirlingweasley22:

Staring at yourself in the mirror, you tried to calm your breathing. You had woken up in the middle of the night, again for nearly the fourth time in the past two weeks, in a cold sweat. You had run to the bathroom, feeling like you couldn't breathe. Stumbling blindly around the room, you had managed to find the door to your on suite and you flicked on the light. Leaning heavily on your vanity, you tried to calm your breathing again.

Turning on the water, you splashed the cool water onto your face, choking back a sob. Grabbing a towel off the rack next to the vanity, you turned off the water and started to wipe the water from your face and neck. Filling a cup with water, you gulped it down before walking back out of the bathroom. You shut off the light and walked back to your bed. Pulling the covers back, you climbed in and pulled them over yourself.

Although you could feel the heaviness of your eyelids, due to many days gone with little sleep and few days with any actual semblance of a good rest, you remained awake in your bed. You couldn't fall back asleep and fall into another nightmare again. So, you would just lie there and wait for the sun to come up and filter through the shade on your window, alerting you that it was time to get up and go to work once again.

You'd show up to work early, your eyes would have dark circles underneath them and your hair would appear dull and flat. Your coworkers and family were growing increasingly worried about your worsening condition. You had brushed off any and all mental health tests your parents wanted you to take, telling them over and over again that you were fine and that it was just a phase. Your family knew, however, there was only one person that could pull you out of this depressive state, and it was the man that had put you into it in the first place.

It had all started when you had first met him, Adam Lallana. There was just something about him that had drawn you in. The two of you had met at a club and had spent the whole night talking and enjoying each other's company. You exchanged numbers and talked constantly through text, calls, and just about every messaging medium on the planet. Then he had asked you out and the two of you started dating. It was nearly the perfect relationship, the type that you would read about in the romance novels that previously had made you gag at the cliché-ness off their story lines.

The two of you never had full blown fights, you supported each other in everything that each other did, and you loved each other with all of your hearts. At least, it seemed that way. What you hadn't known was that Adam had done the same thing with another girl. They had formed their own separate relationship, and you were none the wiser until Adam stumbled home one night, drunk off his ass, and told you about it.

It was more like he was rubbing it in your face that he had been able to pull it off and that you had been too stupid to realize it. You had run away after that, and had moved into your own separate apartment away from everyone else. You were fine at first and then the depression started to seep it. You'd get nightmares of a drunk Adam storming into your home again and rubbing it in your face that you weren't good enough for him or anyone, that you would just spend the rest of your life all alone, and that you were just a worthless piece of trash.

Your depression was becoming an increasingly big worry of your family and finally your older sister did something that no one else in your family was courageous enough to do—she faced Adam. She had pulled up to his large home, marched up to the front door, and knocked heavily on the door. Adam had been woken up to her knocking on the door, having passed out drunk on the floor the night before. After you had left, he had been blaming himself for everything wrong with the world it seemed. His football was declining and his drinking was increasing.

His teammates grew worried that he would just drink his career away. Adam couldn't find it in him to frankly care. He had screwed up royally with you and he regretted it every single moment of his life. So when he opened the door to see your sister standing outside on his doorstep, Adam was quite confused. He had met your family several times but after several threats from your family had made their way to him, he had backed off completely and hid from them.

"Can I help you?" he asked cautiously, still a little hungover from the night before.

"I came to talk to you, Adam, about my sister," your sister stated, challenging Adam with a hard glare to question her or turn her away. Adam nodded and stepped aside, allowing your sister to step inside and into his home. Adam closed the door and walked towards the coach where your sister had situated yourself. "I just want to start out by saying you're the biggest asshole on the planet," your sister said, looking around the house and noticing several liquor bottles lying around, "but I can see the same thing that plagues my sister plagues you too."

"Is she okay?" Adam asked quickly, causing your sister to raise an eyebrow.

"No, she's depressed and she has symptoms of insomnia. So no, I wouldn't say she's okay." Your sister sighed before continuing. "Look, I've talked to a couple of your teammates and I know that you're not doing any better. So, to fix the both of you, I'm taking you to my sister and you're going to apologize for being a dipshit and then we'll go from there." Your sister got up and led Adam to her car before driving towards your apartment.

Meanwhile, you found yourself in a cold sweat, staring at yourself in the bathroom mirror again. "I can't take it anymore," you said, tears coming to your eyes. You were breaking, absolutely shattering in front of the mirror and you thought that there would be no way to fix it again. Opening the cabinet, you pulled out several bottles of pills that were sitting there. Popping open the tops, you poured them all into a bowl and filled another glass with water. A knock sounded at the door but you ignored it as you sat on your bed, the bowl of pills in one hand and the glass of water in the other.

Your sister sighed as you didn't get up to open the door and pulled out the copy of the key to your home, unlocking the door and entering with Adam trailing behind her. "(Y/N)?" she called, looking around for you. When she didn't get a response, her face broke out into a look of fear. Running towards your bedroom, your sister opened the door and ran towards you, Adam right behind her.

Adam knocked the pills out of your hand as your sister held you close to her. "(Y/N), I'm so sorry," Adam sobbed. "I'm so sorry." They had arrived just in time to stop you and you hadn't downed any of the pills yet. You were admitted to the hospital for treatment for your depression, which Adam paid for. The two of you started to talk again and a few years later, the both of you buried the past, covered the scars, and walked hand in hand out of the small church as husband and wife.