Héctor Bellerín [~] Can You Keep a Secret?

A.N. Inspired by a suggestion from kcpuggles. Got a little carried away with this one. Whoops.

You hummed to yourself as you set up the new med kits when someone wrapped their arms around your waist from behind. "Hec, someone's going to see," you giggled as he pressed his lips to your neck, causing you to sink back into him.

"Well, I thought you were telling your boss today, and I was going to tell Arteta today too," Hector replied, releasing you from his hold and leaning on the table. The two of you had started dating quietly while you were helping him recover from his ACL tear. Spending all that time together, and not to mention the fact that you were both physically attracted to each other, led to a romantic relationship. It had only been a few months, but you were already smitten.

"Yes, but I'd rather tell them than for them to walk in on us," you stated, shooting him a playful glare. "Besides, shouldn't you be off doing something right now?"

"Boss wanted to start the day off with a meeting. So, I'm just waiting around," Hector shrugged as one of your fellow medics walked into the room.

"Hey, Hector, what are you doing here?" he asked, causing your eyes to widen.

"Just last minute check up on the knee," Hector lied smoothly. You let out a breath of relief before turning around.

"All good to go," you smiled, as Hector took his leave. You watched him leave before turning to your coworker. "What's up?"

"Uh, apparently Arteta wanted a talk with everyone," he shrugged, causing you to raise an eyebrow.

"Bit odd, don't you think?" you replied, following your coworker out of the room and towards the gathering that was happening on the training pitch. Glancing around, you stared at who was assembled. All the players, coaching staff, medical staff, and basically anyone who interacted with the players was present. Sharing a sneaky glance with Hector, you soon focused on Arteta as he stepped forwards and called for attention.

"Alright, now I've collected everyone here today to talk about something very serious," he started, causing your concern to raise. What was so serious that he felt the need to assemble all of these employees? "Some of you may have seen the recent story in the papers about an incident at Manchester United where a relationship between a player and an employee of the club turned into a whole fiasco."

There was one headline that came to mind. A player who you couldn't remember the name of was in a relationship with a media specialist. A few months later, it came to light that another player was also seeing the media specialist, resulting in a fight between the two players and suspensions. If you remembered correctly, the media specialist had left the club soon afterwards.

"As a result, we've come to the decision that any workplace relationships are banned for the remainder of the season. Relationships that are currently approved by human resources are allowed to continue, but no other workplace relationships will be approved for the foreseeable future." Your heart dropped into your stomach at his words.

"Shit," you muttered as Arteta concluded the meeting. You shot Hector a surprised and worried look. He had a similar look of shock on his face but was pulled away by his teammates before you had a chance to talk to him.

"(Y/N), you wanted to talk to me?" your boss called from behind you, causing you to jump. Turning with a sheepish smile on your face, you racked your brain for a logical thing to discuss with your boss other than your now prohibited relationship.