James Rodriguez [~] Preparations

James Rodriguez

For TheMaineisabandIlove:

James was anxious for the World Cup to arrive again. He wanted to do well with the national team and the World Cup was the ultimate trophy for the Colombians to lift into the air. After the World Cup in Brazil, José Pékerman had decided to change around the staff for a bit. Using the full year that they had left before the tournament came around, he immediately got to work reconfiguring the staff of the Colombian national team.

Deciding to add a new medic, he chose Stephanie for the job out of the thousands of applicants. Stephanie was surprised she had gotten the job but couldn't be happier about it. José had decided to collect the team together to introduce them to the new staff members that they would be working with through the 2018 World Cup in Russia. James Rodriguez was interested in becoming acquainted with the new staff members, hoping that the new dynamics wouldn't throw off the team.

Stephanie tugged lightly at her uniform that was slightly too big for her before walking out with the other newly hired staff members. She was the only new medic and the youngest by at least a decade, something Stephanie hoped didn't factor into the team's respect for her. Straightening up at the sight of José and the Colombian nationals, Stephanie hurried over to the men.

Hearing her movements, James turned to see the new medic that they were supposed to meet that day, only for his eyes to widen at the sight of her. He noticed the bagginess of the uniform on her body, and smiled lightly at the cuteness of it. Her hair was slightly disheveled but James could see clearly that she was one of the most beautiful women he had ever laid eyes on.

"And this is our new medic, Stephanie. Stephanie, this is the team," José introduced, motioning for Stephanie to walk down the line to greet all of the footballers. Tucking a lose piece of hair behind her ear, Stephanie smiled at James, who, as the captain, was first in line.

"James Rodriguez," he smiled, extending his hand forwards. Stephanie smiled and shook his hand. The both of them suddenly looked surprised after both felt little sparks go off when they touched each other. Shaking her head to reorient herself, Stephanie continued down the line and met all of the Colombians before she ran off to the medic station. As the newest medic, Stephanie got the fun job of cleaning the equipment inside the building, instead of out on the field with the players.

Shrugging her shoulders, Stephanie continued to wipe down the stretchers and tables before turning to resupply the med kits. The sound of the door opening alerted Stephanie to James' presence. Turning around, Stephanie smiled as James approached her. "How can I help you?" Stephanie asked, her wide smile still on her face.

"They ran out of ice out there so I came to get some," James replied. Stephanie nodded and motioned for James to follow her. Scooping some ice out of the freezer, Stephanie filled a bag before handing it to James, who thanked her before walking out. Embarrassingly, Stephanie found herself smiling like an idiot in the direction James had left in a few minutes after the Colombian had actually left.

Colombia was set to face off against several teams to qualify for the tournament and it would be the first time Stephanie would be working on the field with players. Their first match up was a relatively easy team but James reminded his teammates that they couldn't underestimate any opponent. James led the group out of the tunnel as Stephanie stood on the sidelines. The game was soon in play and Stephanie found herself staring at James as he ran up and down the field.

Stephanie couldn't help herself, there was just something about the Colombian that had drawn her in and she couldn't pull herself out of the attraction. Colombia was awarded a free kick and James stepped forwards to take it. Stephanie held her breath as James stood behind the ball, the wall in front of him blocking view of the goal. The whistle blew and James looked up quickly before turning to look at the ball once more. He ran forwards, kicking the ball beautifully into the top right corner and out of the reach of the keeper.

His teammates piled on top of him in celebration. Stephanie smiled as the final whistle blew, with James and Colombia winning 3-1. Packing up her stuff, Stephanie turned around at the clacking of cleats on the tile floor. Her eyes locked with James' as he approached the medic. "That was a great goal, James," Stephanie smiled, her cheeks a bit pink from the situation.

"Thanks," James smiled. "I was just wondering if you'd like to join us in a celebration tonight," he stated, looking at her expectantly.

"Yeah, I'd love to," Stephanie replied.

"Great. We're all going to the usual club we go to," James said, writing down the name of the place and its address. "And here's my phone number in case you have problems getting in." James wrote down the additional information before extending the piece of paper out to Stephanie. She took the paper from him before he walked out of the room.

Stephanie returned home and pulled on a form fitting black sleeveless dress with a deep v neck. Pulling on cute black heels and applying some makeup, Stephanie pulled her hair out of the pony tail and brushed it quickly before haphazardly straightening it. Nearly running out of her home, Stephanie arrived at the club. Showing the bouncer her ID and work pass, he let her in and directed her towards a private room. Stephanie walked into the private room, looking around for James.

James, meanwhile, had been in the middle of a conversation with David Ospina when he caught sight of Stephanie. James slipped away and walked towards Stephanie, tapping her on the shoulder. Stephanie turned around, smiling up at James. Leaning forwards, James' lips hovered over her ear. "You look beautiful tonight," he commented, making Stephanie blush.

He offered her a dance and one dance turned into nearly an hour straight. Stephanie's feet were killing her and James agreed to get them both drinks. Returning with them, both of them downed them quickly. People started to filter out and go home, James and Stephanie being one of the last ones to leave. James insisted upon driving Stephanie home after she told him she had gotten here via taxi and had taken to holding her hand, for safety reasons he claimed. As they approached his car, James wrapped an arm tightly around her waist, causing Stephanie to blush all the more.

"Safety reasons?" she teased.

"No, I just wanted to hold you close to me," James replied coyly, causing the medic to blush all the more. Both entered the car and James was about to place his keys in the ignition before Stephanie's hand on his own stopped him. James turned to look at her, only for her to lean forwards and connect their lips. James leaned into the kiss more, cupping her cheeks. Pulling away, breathless, Stephanie looked anywhere but James' face.

The Colombian gripped her chin lightly before turning her head to face him. "You're so cute when you blush," he smiled before leaning forwards again.

A.N. Next few will be Yannick Carrasco, Neymar, Adnan Januzaj, Fernando Torres, Marc Bartra, and Erik Durm. Once again please be patient! Lots of requests for me to do and I'm working all week!