Gary Cahill [~] Slip and Fall

Gary Cahill

For amz676:

Amy cursed as she saw her best friend of over twenty years fall down on the pitch, clutching leg. When he didn't get up, Amy grew even more worried, standing up to try and get a better view of what was going happening on the pitch. She saw medics running towards him and she bit her lip nervously. She had known Gary since her older brother and he had been best friends growing up as next door neighbors. Amy had been the geeky little sister that tagged along with the two as they romped around the neighborhood and after Amy's older brother went to a different school on a rugby scholarship, Amy and Gary found themselves growing closer and closer until they were best friends themselves.

Now, Amy found herself pacing outside the medic room in Stamford Bridge as they conducted tests on Gary to see what was wrong. Amy grew nervous as the time ticked by and still none of the medics, nor Gary, had left the room to tell her how he was. Amy tugged at the edge of her Chelsea jersey as she continued to pace back and forth in front of the door. Finally, the door opened and Amy whipped around to see the head medic.

"I'm assuming you're Amy?" he asked and Amy nodded quickly in response.

"How's Gary?" she replied, before hearing a groan of pain from the other room. Her instincts kicking in, Amy ran past the head medic and into the room to see Gary in pain on one of the tables in the room, his knee bandaged heavily.

"That's not helping," he breathed out as one of the medics removed the ice badges.

"Gary," Amy gasped, running to his side. "What's wrong?"

"My knee is severely screwed up," Gary huffed, "and hurts like a bitch." The head medic walked over to explain the medical terms for everything but Amy was barely listening, focusing on Gary's pained features.

"We're going to transfer him to the hospital for emergency surgery and he'll be out for four to eight months," the head medic explained, causing Amy to gasp. She took all of the documents that were needed and hopped in the ambulance with Gary and another medic. They arrived at the hospital and Amy once again found herself pacing outside of Gary's room.

Gary's surgery had gone over smoothly and before she knew it, Amy was helping Gary, who had been resigned to crutches or a wheelchair, back into his home. Amy's job allowed for her to do everything from home and she had immediately taken that option in order for her to be able to take care of Gary as well. Gary insisted upon paying her or hiring someone else to care for him full time instead of her changing everything in her life to take care of him.

After Amy's refusal of Gary's offers, he had insisted that she at least move in so that she didn't have to drive twenty minutes in one direction every single day, which is why she currently found herself sleeping in one of his guest bedrooms. Amy wasn't going to lie, she loved spending every day with Gary. After he had made it big at Chelsea, Amy found herself seeing less and less of him. She was happy that she was finally able to hang out with her best friend again.

Hopping out of her bed, Amy yawned deeply before walking down the hallway and into the bathroom. Assuming that Gary was still asleep, seeing as he always slept in unless he had an early appointment with a doctor or physical therapist, Amy decided to take a nice long shower. She hadn't slept the best the night before as her work was starting to stress herself out so she just needed some time to herself to collect her thoughts and have some thinking time.

Turning off the water, Amy grabbed a towel and wrapped it around herself. Realizing that she forgot her clothes back in her room, Amy hoped that Gary wasn't out and about around the house. Tightening the towel around her body, Amy twisted the water out of her hair one last time before walking out of the room. Opening the door, Amy turned to head towards her room when she nearly immediately ran into Gary.

Gary, who had been unbalanced on his crutches that were slightly too small, started to fall backwards. Amy, acting quickly, grabbed his shirt and managed to yank him back towards her. What Amy hadn't anticipated was that the tile floor, which was wet due to her just taking a shower, would be really slippery. After she pulled Gary towards her, she took a step back to steady herself, only to fall down after slipping and pulling Gary down with her.

Yelping, Amy braced herself, as did Gary, as the two fell to the floor. Amy groaned and looked up to see Gary's deep blue eyes staring into her own. Amy and Gary locked eyes for several moments before Gary leaned down and connected their lips. Amy gasped, allowing Gary to deepen the kiss. Amy kissed back, hard, prompting Gary to do so as well. Before they knew it, they were making out on Gary's wet floor. Pulling back, Amy smiled up at Gary. He smiled at her too until he blushed a deep red and hid his face in her neck.

"Uh, Amy? Your towel is . . . um," Gary stuttered out, his face and neck red from embarrassment. Amy squeaked when she realized her towel had fallen down quite a bit and quickly started to cover herself.

"How much did you see?" she asked nervously after she covered herself again. Gary's stutter, although the words were not able to be comprehended by Amy, was enough to make her blush all the deeper red. Gary managed to hop up and helped Amy up as well. The two stood awkwardly until Gary leaned down again and kissed her again. Amy happily kissed back, looking up at Gary through her lashes. "So what does this make us?" Amy questioned.

"I was hoping that we could be a little more than friends," Gary said, a blush still on his cheeks.

"Is that your definition of asking a girl out, Gary?" she giggled, causing the defender to laugh as well. "Because if it is, I would be happy to be your girlfriend, Gary." Gary smiled before pulling Amy into another passionate kiss.

A.N. Next few will be Adam Lallana, Jordan Henderson, Erik Durm, Julian Draxler, Yoichiro Kakitani, Sergio Ramos, Harry Kane, etc. Please be patient again! Also I'm possibly thinking about writing a full story in addition to continuing to do this imagine story compilation. Would you guys actually read it if I were to do that and/or support that even if it means imagine updates are slower?