Fernando Torres [~] Don't Be Sad

Fernando Torres

For EmilyJanuzaj:

Kristin sighed as the first ninety minutes finished and Atletico and Real were still tied. She wanted Fernando to finally win with Atletico. It was a dream of his and it broke Kristin's heart to see that the first ninety minutes was out. She knew that Atletico should be winning at this point, but no amount of complaining was going to change the fact that they were still in the midst of a bitter draw with their cross-town rivals.

She hoped that Griezmann and Nando could link up and score a goal or two as the extra time started to tick away. Both sides got close but not close enough to scoring a goal and Kristin's heart was nearly beating out of her chest. Bouncing Elsa on one knee, Kristin quickly glanced at Nora and Leo to see them on the edge of their seats as well. They never tired from watching their father play his heart out on the field, and were always excited and overjoyed whenever he scored.

Kristin bit her lip as the first half of extra time ended. The score line was still the same and no one seemed to be able to pass their opponent. The second half of extra time occurred just like the last, with a tied score line at the end of the fifteen minutes. Kristin knew that they were going to have to go to penalties now.

Real Madrid would take their penalties first and Kristin found herself praying for Fernando's sake that Atletico would come out of this champions. The first three players of both sides took their penalty kicks and each scored. Ramos went to take his penalty, causing boos from Atletico fans to fill the stadium. They quieted down long enough to watch Ramos score his penalty and Kristin's heart continued to drop.

Juanfran went up to take his penalty and Kristin's heart broke as he failed to score. Biting her lip, Kristin stared sadly as Cristiano Ronaldo quickly took his penalty and scored, breaking the deadlock and winning the Champion's League for Real Madrid. Kristin sighed as Real Madrid fans rejoiced around her. Staring sadly at her husband for a moment, Kristin turned to look at her children, who looked as heartbroken as Nando at the loss.

Pulling Leo into her lap, Kristin consoled her children quietly as Real Madrid fans continued to rejoice. Nora stared at the pitch, looking at her father trying to remain strong, her face sad as the Real Madrid team ran around the broken Atletico players to rejoice in their win. Sighing, Kristin walked closer to the pitch, a sobbing Leo in one arm and a sleeping Elsa in the other. Walking next to the barrier, Kristin waited for Nando to come over to them at his own pace.

As he walked over, Fernando's heart broke more in his chest as he saw the broken expressions on Leo and Nora's faces. Lifting Nora over the barrier, Nando turned to grab Leo from Kristin's arms as well. Nora and Leo hugged their father tightly, making a small smile break out on Nando's face. "I love you guys, you know that?" Nando asked, hugging each of them as tightly as he could.

"We know, Papa. And we love you too," Nora replied, her Papa jersey catching a few of the tears that fell from Nando's eyes. Nando placed the two of them on the ground carefully before turning towards Kristin. Kristin leaned over the barrier and hugged Fernando as tightly as she could without crushing the baby in her arms. Pulling out of the hug, Kristin wiped the tears that were falling down Nando's face away with her thumb before cupping his cheek.

"You have nothing to be ashamed about, Nando," she said softly before pressing a kiss to his cheek. "You guys played well, it just wasn't your day today," she sighed, rubbing his arm gently. He nodded silently before leaning down and pressing his lips to her own. Resting his forehead on her own, Nando sighed before pressing another kiss to her forehead.

"I love you," he whispered.

"I love you too. No matter how many trophies you win or lose, or how many goals to do or do not score, I will love you and support you, Nando," Kristin promised before kissing Nando again. He nodded before turning to Nora and Leo. Picking up Leo, he started to tickle the little boy's stomach.

"C'mon, don't be sad, Leo," Nando said to his son, before pulling him into a hug after the little tickle match.

"But, Papa, you said it's okay to be sad sometimes," Nora said quietly.

"It is okay to be sad sometimes," Nando agreed, "but I don't want the two of you to be sad, okay? Smile, and be happy, for me." Leo and Nora looked at each other before nodding their heads slightly, causing Leo to smile slightly. "I love you two," he said, opening his arms for them to run into. Nora and Leo raced into their father's embrace and Kristin smiled painfully as Nando hugged them tightly. He had to leave soon to get his medal and gently place the two on the other side of the barrier before moving to go collect his medal with his similarly disheartened teammates.

Nando kept a brave face on as he walked up the stairs to receive his medal, shaking hands and nodding in appreciation as he did so. He then walked down the stairs quickly, consoling a grieving Antoine Griezmann for a few moments before making his way back over to Kristin, Nora, Leo, and Elsa. Leo extended his arms, asking for Nando to pick him up and carry him. Nando smiled smally before doing so. Before they could leave, however, Nando was pulled into an interview.

Leo refused to let go of his father and was a part of the quick interview as well. "So how do you feel about the game, Leo?" the reporter asked the little boy.

"It's sad to lose but my Papa told me to not be sad, so I won't be. Atletico will win next year," your son stated, causing the reporter and Nando to smile as he bounced Leo lightly. And within ten seconds, Leo had captured the hearts of every Atletico fan on the planet. Nando couldn't have been prouder.