Joshua Kimmich [~] Wait for Me

Joshua Kimmich

For SaralenaUchiha:

Sara groaned as she tried to get up. As she neared the end of her third trimester, she was finding that it was harder and harder for her to do simple things anymore. Getting out of bed was one of those seemingly simple tasks. Huffing in annoyance, Sara grunted as she managed to swing her legs off the edge of the bed and slid off carefully.

Waddling out of the room, Sara approached the stairs. Huffing once more, Sara started her trek down the stairs. Placing one hand on her back and the other on the railing, Sara carefully made it downstairs, knowing that if Joshua was home, he would be coddling over her like you wouldn't believe. Once they had found out that Sara's seemingly never ending morning sickness was a sign of her being pregnant with their first child, Joshua had never failed to make sure Sara was comfortable and felt appreciated on every single day.

Joshua was currently in the country over, playing with the German national team in France in the Euro tournament. He was extremely excited because it was his first major tournament with the senior German national team. After a great season with Bayern, Joshua was still eager to continue to win and score. Sitting carefully on the couch, Sara hissed as her legs gave out. Rubbing her belly tiredly, she turned on the television and watched the reruns of the German's group stage matches.

Sara wanted nothing more than to sit in that stadium and cheer loudly for her boyfriend, but being about eight months pregnant did not make such a dream entirely plausible. Plus, Joshua insisted that having Sara cheering for him at home in Germany was perfectly good with him. He wanted her in an area where she was familiar with everything and she had a large support system if anything ever went array.

After she finished watching the matches, Sara found herself missing Joshua more than she had before she watched the matches and cursed her pregnancy hormones for making her so emotional. She wasn't usually a woman to easily get worked up over nothing but she found herself crying over spilled milk more and more every day.

Managing to pull herself up, Sara waddled into the kitchen to make herself some food. Her friends would be coming over later to help her finish setting up the nursery and she knew she should probably make some food for her guests. Pulling her hair back, Sara heard her phone ringing from the living room. Assuming it was Joshua, she quickly waddled over to the table, picking her phone off the table.

Quickly hitting the green button, Sara smiled when Joshua's face appeared on the screen. "How's my beautiful girlfriend doing today?" he asked, a wide smile on his face.

"I'm doing well. Hormones are getting to me again," Sara chuckled. "I've never been more emotional before in my life." Joshua's laugh travelled out of the speakers on her phone and Sara smiled wider. "How are you feeling?"

"I'm fine. Today's our day off, we're supposed to rest and do only light exercise if needed," Joshua replied. "So I don't have to cut this chat short like the last couple."

"Perfect," Sara smiled, "I have my last checkup with the doctor in a week. You still want to wait to find out the gender of the baby?"

"Definitely," Joshua stated. "How's our little future footballer?"

"Still kicking his or her mama more and more with each passing day. He or she is very antsy to get out and meet the both of us," Sara smiled, rubbing her bulging belly at the mention of their child.

"Are you sleeping fine then? I know he or she kept you up a couple nights before I left," Joshua asked, a little bit of worry entering into his voice as a look of nervousness flashed across his face.

"Not the best but not the worst. I think the days of full night's sleeps are no longer existent until he or she is a little older," Sara chuckled. Joshua sighed in relief when the door to his shared room opened. Several of his teammates entered the room, asking Joshua to join them in some hair brained scheme, no doubt. Seeing that he was in the middle of a video chat with Sara, caused them to rush behind Joshua and wave at Sara.

"Hi Sara!" they shouted, causing Sara to chuckle and wave at the boys.

"How's the future Bayern and German star?" Julian asked.

"Ready to come out," Sara smiled. "Less than a month until he or she is here." The boys nodded before shouting good bye to Sara and running out of the room, telling Joshua to join them when he finished talking to Sara.

"I guess I should go," Joshua sighed, his lips curling slightly as Sara fixed her hair with the camera. He wished he was home in Germany to run his hands through her beautiful hair and feel the kicks of their child on Sara's abdomen. "I love you. Don't go into labor until I'm there with you," Joshua smiled.

"It's not like I can control that, Joshua," Sara chuckled. "I love you too." Joshua smiled before they both disconnected the line. Sara went back to preparing for the guests and Joshua went off with his teammates to go do who knows what. A few days later, Sara found her heart breaking as she watched France beat Germany 2-0. Seeing the downtrodden faces of the boys broke her heart and she nearly burst out into tears herself.

She turned off the TV and went to bed, not changing out of her Kimmich jersey, before falling fast asleep in bed. Unbeknownst to Sara, Joshua hopped on the next train from Paris to Munich and arrived at their house in the early morning. Joshua dropped his bags and smiled at the sight of Sara curled up on the bed, clutching a pillow tightly to her chest. Kicking off his shoes, Joshua slipped into the bed with her, taking the place of the pillow. Giving her a quick peck on the forehead, Joshua pulled her closer to him before he too fell asleep.