James Rodríguez [~] Meet the Family

A.N. So I decided to publish some old imagines I've had laying around for over a year now. Suggestions are open. Updates will probably be sporadic but suggestions are very welcome!

Pacing the room, you were quickly assuring yourself that everything was going to be fine tonight. You were introducing your boyfriend of five months to your family for the first time, and you wanted to make sure that everything was perfect. The only hurdle to having a nice evening was your dysfunctional family. You knew that your older sister would just try to make a mess of the evening because your parents never approved of the guys she brought home. Your little brother would act bored the whole night and would probably flick food at your boyfriend. And then there was your father, who always asked incessant questions that made the night awkward every single time.

Sighing to yourself as you checked the clock again, your mother chuckled from the kitchen. "Stop worrying. It will be fine," she smiled, as she finished preparing the meal.

"Mama, it always blows up in the end," you groaned, placing your head in your hands. She chuckled again.

"Well, from what you've told me about him, I think he'll pass just fine," your mother smiled, coming over to you to give you a hug.

"I hope so, Mama," you sighed, hugging your mother back. Your mother went to collect the other members of your family as you stood by the door, waiting anxiously for James to show up. Your sister and brother passed by you as they walked into the dining room, smirks on both of their faces. Sighing again, you looked up to see James' car pull into the driveway. Moving outside, you smiled as James hopped out of his car. "Thank you for coming," you replied, pecking his lips.

"I wouldn't miss it," he chuckled, pressing a kiss to your head. "I'm interested to see if your family is really as bad as you said they were."

"We'll find out," you sighed, leading James into your childhood home. Grabbing onto James' hand, you pulled him towards the dining room. All eyes suddenly landed on you and widened when they spotted James. What you had failed to tell your Colombian-German family, was that you were dating the captain and star of the Colombian men's national team. Your father had grown up in Colombia before moving to Germany to find work and a brighter future for himself. He met your mother, who was German, and the two had fallen in love. It was no secret that even though he had lived in Germany for over three decades, your father was still a Colombian at heart, especially when it came to football.

"Everyone, this is James. James, this is my family. This is my mother, my older sister, my little brother, and my father," you said in Spanish, as James was still struggling with the German language.

"Welcome, James," your mother smiled warmly as your brother continued to stare, mouth open, at your boyfriend. James pulled out your chair for you, which your sister rolled her eyes at, knowing that it would be harder to get him to crack now. Your father was smiling widely at the fact that you had brought home a Colombian man to dinner. As your mother set out the meal, your brother continued to look at James like he was a god.

"You know, even though we're in Germany, we still root for Colombia too," your father stated, trying to start a conversation.

"(Y/N) was telling me about that, yes," James nodded, a wide smile on his face. "What part of Colombia are you from?" he asked your father. The two quickly got into a conversation about Colombian culture and everything Colombian in rapid Spanish. Chuckling to yourself, knowing that you had won over both your brother and your father within a few minutes, you looked up at your sister, who was browsing on her phone. You raised your eyebrow at this, knowing that she was going to try and ruin your night, especially after her last boyfriend had been practically run out of the house.

Your brother asked James about Bayern, having been a Bayern fan since birth as you grew up outside of Munich. You continued to stare at your sister as she glanced down at her phone, knowing that she was up to no good. You missed the conversation where James offered to bring your little brother to a Bayern game and to meet other team members, too focused on trying to figure out what exactly your sister was planning.

"So, James," she drawled, a fake smile on her painted red lips. You bit your tongue from snapping at her but remained calm in your seat. "Tell me, how did the two of you meet?"

"We ran into each other at my work," you answered, glaring at your sister. James glanced at you worriedly, unaware of the reason as to why you were upset with your sister suddenly.

"How lovely," she mused, turning to stare at you. "Before or after his divorce?" You narrowed your eyes at her, knowing that she was just trying to stir the pot with that question.

"(Y/S/N), that's enough," your mother hissed immediately in German, but your sister had delivered her question in Spanish so James could understand her.

"No, it's fine," you brushed off, smoothing the napkin on your lap. "It was after, if you really want to know. Not that marital status ever stopped you from going after men," you snapped back, causing your sister to glare at you as your parents yelled at the both of you.

"That is enough!" your father yelled, causing your brother to jump next to him.

"How about I get desert?" your mother sighed, trying to defuse the situation. Your father was still speaking rapidly to your sister in Spanish and James trained his eyes down as you rubbed your face tiredly.

"And this is why I waited to introduce you to my family," you whispered to James, who cracked a good natured smile back at you.

"It's alright. I don't think anyone's family is normal," he chuckled as your mother returned with some chocolate cake. The night ended with your sister glaring holes into the back of your head as you walked James to his car. "How do you think that went?" he asked, unlocking the car.

"Well, I think my father and my brother would cry if I didn't marry you," you chuckled, grabbing his hands and giving a reassuring squeeze. "Mom's always happy if I'm happy, which I am, very much so," you giggled as he pressed a kiss to your nose. "And I don't give a shit what my sister thinks." James burst out into laughter at your last statement before pressing his lips to your own.