Yoichiro Kakitani [~] Nudge in the Right Direction

Yoichiro Kakitani

For siddlezz:

You smiled as you and Yoichiro pulled up to the event hall where your parents were throwing a party for your birthday. You got out and quickly ran to greet your parents and old friends from school and the neighborhood. Yoichiro stood off behind you, a little awkward since the only people he knew here were your parents, until you walked over to him and pulled him towards a few of your friends from your old school.

You introduced each and every one of them to Yoichiro, and you were happy to see that he was warming up to the people you had grown up around. He got into a conversation with a couple of your friend's husbands as you and your friends walked around the room, finally all sitting at one of the round tables that were spread out around the room.

"So, how's the boyfriend? No ring yet?" one of your friends asked, causing your other friends to stare at you with curiosity in their eyes.

"No ring yet," you confirmed with a shrug. You didn't really care if or when you and Yoichiro would get married. You were content with your life right now and with the dynamic between you and Yoichiro and you wouldn't trade the last few years you had spent by his side for anything else in the world. "It doesn't matter, though," you insisted, "we love each other and that's enough for us."

You friends nodded and you and your friends continued to converse about what your lives had been like since you guys had last seen each other. One of your friend's husbands walked over with a baby in his arms and you smiled at the little baby. "How old is she?" you asked, staring down at the little girl with a smile on your face.

"About five months," your friend replied before a certain smirk befell her face when she saw Yoichiro approaching. Bouncing her child, you smiled wider as your friend's little girl let a little giggle out of her lips. "Do you want to hold her?" your friend asked, holding out her child to you. "I have to go use the restroom and I have no clue as to where my husband ran off."

"Yeah sure," you smiled, taking the baby from your friend's arms. Your friend thanked you quickly before running off to the ladies room. You rocked the baby, smiling down at her as she gurgled. Yoichiro saw you and walked over to you, stealing the seat where your friend had been sitting moments before. Your other old friends had all moved off, talking and chatting with other people at the party and with their own significant others and/or children.

"Whose baby is that?" Yoichiro questioned, smiling down at the infant in your arms.

"Oh, just one of my old friend's. I think she went off to use the bathroom and hunt down her husband," you replied, shifting the baby in your arms. Yoichiro nodded and turned his attention back to you and the baby in your arms. He smiled as you cooed down at the baby, playing little games with her and causing her to giggle and squeal in excitement.

"You want to hold her?" you asked, holding the baby out to Yoichiro, you looked a little apprehensive. You smiled at his nervous expression. "Here, I'll walk you through it. The most important thing is to make sure her head is supported," you stated, angling your boyfriend's arms to be similar to your own before you carefully placed your friend's daughter into his arms. Yoichiro locked eyes with the little infant who stared up at him in wonder.

Yoichiro made a silly face, sticking his tongue out, and caused the little girl to giggle some more. You smiled at your boyfriend and couldn't help but notice how natural he looked when he played with the little girl in his arms. Your thoughts drifted to how he would look like if it was your own baby that he was holding and playing with. Unaware that similar thoughts had plagued Yoichiro's thoughts when you yourself were holding the baby in your arms and playing with her, you barely noticed your friend walking back over to the two of you with her husband in tow.

"Thanks for watching her," your friend said, smiling at you and Yoichiro before he handed her baby back to her.

"Wasn't a problem. She's such a good baby," you smiled, before waving good bye to your friend and her husband as they walked away with the adorable baby. The party wrapped up soon afterwards and you found yourself sitting in the car again, staring out at the streets as Yoichiro drove towards your shared apartment. You sighed to yourself before turning your attention to your hands. "Yoichiro?" you asked, not looking up at your boyfriend just yet.

"Yeah?" he replied, glancing over at you before turning his attention back to the road.

"Would I be crazy if I said that when you were holding my friend's baby that I kind of wanted you to be holding our own child? I know we've never talked about kids and we've barely talked about even getting married and everything and—"

"—No, it's not crazy," your boyfriend said, cutting off your rant. "Because then I'd be crazy if I said that you holding the baby and playing with her didn't make me want to see you holding our own baby too," he responded, one of his hands moving from the steering wheel to your own hand. You smiled up at your boyfriend as he pulled up to your apartment complex.

The two of you walked up to your apartment, hand in hand. A year later, the two of you would be walking up to your apartment with a wedding band on both of your ring fingers. And two years after that, the two of you would be walking up to your apartment with a little blue bundle in one of Yoichiro's arms and a baby bag on one of your shoulders.

A.N. Don't know when the next update will be. Sergio Ramos, Harry Kane, James Rodriguez, and Yannick Carrasco are the next few I'll be doing. Again, please be patient, I have exactly 24 requests as of right now to do.