Pick Your Player Imagine [~] Ballon D'or

Pick Your Player

For SandsAlly:

You chuckled as you heard him pacing and swearing to himself in his native language in your bedroom. "You need to just relax a little bit," you called, making sure that your hair and makeup were good before walking out of the bathroom. "For God's sakes, your tie is all messed up too," you chuckled, smiling up at your husband. Undoing his attempt and redoing it for him, you finished and smiled up at your husband.

"No matter what happens tonight, you are and will always be the best player in the world in my eyes. All of the other guys don't even come close," you told him, pressing a kiss to his cheek. Grabbing his sweaty hands, you gave him a reassuring squeeze before pulling him towards the stairs and therefore the car that would take you from the hotel to the award show.

He grabbed your hand tightly and helped you down the stairs, chuckling as you almost tripped over your dress. "Maybe you're the one that needs a little help," he told you, causing you to shoot him a small glare.

"I didn't have time to get the dress altered so it's a little long and these are new heels. So sue me," you told your husband, who chuckled at your response. The two of you reached the bottom of the stairs. You walked towards your sister, who held your son in her arms. "Don't wait up for us," you told her, giving her a hug. "Thanks for watching him," you thanked before taking your son into your arms.

Bouncing up and down lightly to hear his giggles, you pressed a kiss to his forehead before handing your son to your husband. Tickling his stomach, your husband caused your son to squirm as he laughed loudly. "Hold down the fort while I'm gone, buddy. You're the man of the house for the next few hours," he jokingly told your young son, who laughed and blinked in response.

"Alright, that's enough 'man talk' for one night," you teased before handing your son over to your sister. You and your husband left immediately afterwards. You held your husband's hand tightly in your own as the car weaved through the streets, getting closer and closer to your destination. You thanked the driver as he pulled up to the event, paparazzi everywhere. Your husband got out first, causing the flashing lights to go off rapidly again.

He helped you out of the car before shutting the door and leading you towards the doors. He was led away to do interviews as paparazzi snapped photos of you as you walked into the event. You didn't want to pose for the paparazzi and quickly made your way into the room outside the main hall where several waiters and waitresses ran around with food and drinks.

Accepting a glass of water from one of them, you looked around the room. It was mostly the significant others of the players here to accept awards at the moment as the players went through several interviews and such. You intermingled with the WAGs you recognized and waited for your husband to enter the room, knowing that it was going to take him a while to make it into the room due to the fact that he was up for the Ballon D'or.

The door to the grand hall opened and you found your seat. Setting your purse and your coat on the back of your chair, you smiled when you saw your husband's form enter the room. He walked quickly over to you, taking the seat next to you. "They just kept asking question after question after question," he sighed, running a hand through his hair, causing you to chuckle. "They wouldn't leave me alone, as usual."

"Be thankful that we left our son at home. Otherwise, he would still be crying from all of the shouting and flashing." Your husband bobbed his head in agreement before accepting some of the food offered to him. Time ticked on as you enjoyed your meal before everyone was asked to take their seats in front of the stage. You took your husband's hand in your own before he led you to your seats.

Sitting down on the chair, you rested your head on your husband's shoulder as the ceremony was about to begin. They went through all of the awards until the final awards of the night—the Ballon D'or—was brought out. You could see your husband start to sweat as he stared up at it and you squeezed his hand tightly in reassurance.

Pele stood at the podium, reading through your husband's accomplishments of the past year and the accomplishments of his two opponents for the award. After short videos of each player's accomplishments of the year played, it was time for the announcement.

"And the winner of the Ballon D'or is ......." He paused for effect before stating your husband's name. You smiled and started to cheer before your husband pulled you into a quick kiss. You smiled at him as he walked up to accept the award. You knew how much this meant to him. It was the award he had dreamt of winning since he was a boy and strived every year to win and he finally accomplished his goal. You couldn't be more proud.

Your husband was handed the award before being led to the podium to give a speech. You could see tears of joy piling up in his eyes as he stared at the award in his hands. He started to speak about his accomplishments of the year before thanking his coaches and teammates. "But, the person that has helped pushed me the most in my journey is my beautiful wife. No more than three months ago, she gave me a beautiful son and she's been by my side since before anyone knew my name. She's truly the most wonderful woman in the world and I wouldn't be the player or the man I am today if it wasn't for her believing in me, pushing me to be better, and loving me unconditionally if I win or if I lose. I love you, sweetheart. Thank you so much everyone," he said before getting off the stage. You got up to greet him and pulled him into a hug and a kiss.

"I love you too," you told him as he hugged you tightly to himself. "And I'm so proud."

"Well, this won't be the last Ballon D'or you'll get to hold, I'm sure our son will bring at least one home eventually," your husband smiled as he led the two of you back to your seats.