Yannick Carrasco [~] Twenty Roses

Yannick Carrasco

For LucyReus:

Kristin rolled her eyes at her boyfriend as he gripped the steering wheel tightly, causing his knuckles to turn white. The drive home was silent and awkward and Kristin was relieved to see their shared home on the horizon. Yannick parked the car in the garage before storming into the house, leaving Kristin by herself in the car. Mentally preparing herself for the probable fight the two were about to have, Kristin opened the car door and walked into the house.

Closing the door behind her, Kristin stared at Yannick. He, however, refused to return the gaze. "Yannick, can we talk about this?"

"There's nothing to talk about," he stated forcefully, looking up and daring Kristin to continue talking as anger coursed through his veins.

"There obviously is something to talk about if you're getting this worked up over it, Yannick," Kristin sighed.

"Alright, maybe I am a little mad," Yannick confessed. "But, how do you expect me to act when my girlfriend's flirting with one of my teammates as I'm standing no more than a few steps away!" Yannick countered, rising to his full height.

"So I'm not allowed to talk to any other guys on the planet!?!" Kristin shouted.

"He was flirting with you, and you were flirting back equally as much!" Yannick retorted.

"Adnan and I are just friends, Yannick! He said a couple jokes, I laughed. I cracked a few, he laughed. It's just friendly conversation normality, nothing past friendship," Kristin huffed. Yannick refused to respond as Kristin found herself starting to lose her own temper. "You know what? Fine. Be that way. When you want to talk it out like adults, then I'll be upstairs in our room. You know, the bedroom we share because we determined that we love each other more than anyone else on the planet? I'll be there," Kristin said coldly before turning on her heel and marching upstairs to their bedroom, slamming the door shut behind her. Yannick slept on the couch that night and the two refused to talk to each other for three days until Yannick finally couldn't take it anymore.

Setting the rose carefully on top of the pancakes he had cooked for Kristin, Yannick left the tray outside their bedroom and moved on to continue setting up the rest of his plan to apologize. Kristin woke up a few minutes later and rubbed the sleep out of her eyes before walking towards the door. Opening the door, Kristin raised an eyebrow as she laid eyes on the tray with breakfast and a rose with a note attached.

Picking up the tray, Kristin carried it to the desk in the back of the room before picking up the rose. Smelling it, Kristin smiled slightly before reading the card attached to it. "Dear Kristin, I'm sorry I was being rude and inconsiderate towards you the other day. I was just jealous. If you still love me as much as I love you, walk downstairs to the front door for your next rose," Kristin read aloud. A look of surprise crossed Kristin's face before she set the rose and note off to the side. Quickly eating the breakfast before showering and changing into appropriate clothing, Kristin walked downstairs, the first rose in her hand.

Walking up to the front door, Kristin immediately saw the red rose taped to the door. Pulling the rose off the door carefully, Kristin smiled as another note came into view. Pulling the note to where she would be able to read it, Kristin read the note aloud. "I guess you do still love me. There's more roses for you waiting, you just have to go out and find them, starting with a walk down memory lane in the park where we always have dinner after a home win."

Running to grab her car keys, Kristin got into her car before driving towards the park where she and Yannick would always celebrate a home win by having a candlelit dinner in the park together. Walking down the main path, the two roses resting in her hand, Kristin smiled at the little boy with the rose in his hand. Without a word, he handed the rose to her, smiled and waved, and walked away as if nothing had happened. Kristin raised an eyebrow at the little boy and looked to see if there was another note. Finding none, Kristin continued on down the path.

An elderly couple walked towards her. Kristin smiled and said good morning to them. In exchange, the old married couple handed her a rose each and walked off as if there was nothing amiss. Kristin stared after them for a moment before continuing on. As she walked down the path, Kristin continued to receive roses from strangers until she found herself carrying twenty roses. As she continued down the path, Kristin saw a picnic set up in the distance and walked towards it.

As she got closer, Kristin noticed the large teddy bear sitting next to a picnic basket and smiled at the sight. Putting the roses onto the ground gently, Kristin turned to the bear and noticed a note sitting in its lap. Grabbing the white paper, Kristin looked down and read the note. "I'll understand completely if you'd want to make Mr. Snuggles your boyfriend instead of me, but I'd like to ask for your forgiveness," the note read.

At the sound of footsteps, Kristin turned around to see Yannick walking over, his hands in the pockets of his jacket. Pulling something out of one of his pockets, Yannick smiled down at it before smiling at Kristin. "So, you made it," Yannick stated.

"Yeah, I did," Kristin replied.

"The last part of the plan was for me to give you this, if you'll take it," Yannick sighed, extending his hand. Kristin stared down in shock at the locket in Yannick's hand.

"That was my mother's locket. How did you—?"

"—Your mom told me to give it to you, I just added another picture to it," Yannick said, opening the locket. Kristin smiled at the familiar picture of her family when she was a little girl and her smile widened as she stared at the picture Yannick added. They were in Ibiza for a little vacation before his international duty and it was their three year anniversary. In the picture, Yannick was holding Kristin bridal style as they kissed with the sunset in the background. Yannick picked up the locket and with a nod from Kristin, clasped it around her neck. As she turned around, Kristin smiled up at Yannick lovingly.

"Am I forgiven?" he asked. Kristin replied with a passionate kiss.