Paulo Dybala [~] Talk to Me

Paulo shook his head as you continued to ignore him. He glanced out at the Turin morning before turning back to you. "What's wrong?" he sighed, setting down his utensils. You continued to stare at your breakfast, not feeling up to anything. Especially not talking to him. "I can't solve a problem if I don't know what the problem is, (Y/N)," he replied, moving to grab your hand.

You stared up at him with a mix of emotions on your face. "You'll never understand," you state simply, causing Paulo to huff in frustration and stand up from the table.

"Well, when you're ready to have a conversation like an adult, come talk to me. I have training," he snapped, grabbing his keys and moving towards the door. You jumped lightly as the door slammed shut behind him, burying your face in your hands as a few tears escaped. Feeling your stomach clench, you hurried to the bathroom. You emptied your already empty stomach into the toilet before lying on the floor of the bathroom.

You sat up and opened the cabinet under the sink, pulling out the tests you had taken the week before. Choking back another sob, you clenched the pregnancy tests in your hand before standing up. Brushing your teeth, you moved about your day, trying to distract yourself from your personal issues for a few moments. You knew Paulo was furious with you for how you had been acting this week, and that it was only a matter of time before he was going to snap.

Paulo continued to mutter to himself as he laced up his boots, causing a few of his teammates to shoot him concerned looks. Cristiano set down his bag and walked over to his younger teammate. "You alright, Paulo?" he asked quietly, not wanting to add to the fire.

"Fine, just . . . issues at home," Paulo sighed, shoving his belongings into his locker before moving to exit the dressing room. Cristiano fell in step with the Argentine, glancing at him in concern.

"Do you want to talk about it?" he questioned as they moved to warm up.

"She's refusing to talk to me," Paulo stated, shaking his head at how you had been ignoring him for the week. Refusing to let him touch you, dodging his comments and his questions like the plague. It irked him beyond words. "I've asked her what I've done wrong and she won't tell me."

"Maybe she just needs time," Cristiano suggested, causing Paulo to huff.

"It's been a week. I'm at the end of my rope here," Paulo muttered, passing a ball along.

"Can you think of anything that may have upset her? You guys seemed fine a few weeks ago," Cristiano continued to investigate, thinking back to how you and Paulo had been attached at the hip at the last Juve party.

"I have no idea," Paulo groaned, rubbing his face tiredly.

You sat on the couch, staring at the ceiling as the words Paulo had said a few weeks ago, at the last Juve party. Sure, he had had a few drinks, and so had you, so you couldn't exactly hold him completely responsible for everything he said that night, but one specific sentence continued to stick out. You had been talking with other couples and you had gotten into a long discussion with Georgina about children.

She had good naturedly asked if you and Paulo were considering children any time soon. The two of you had been dating for nearly three years and it was a question posed to you often. And then Paulo took the opportunity to open his big fat mouth and say that he did not want children for a few years. That kids would take away from his career. Everyone had laughed it off, seeing as he had been a few drinks in, but you were mildly concerned at his statement.

Sure, you weren't trying to pregnant by any means, but you had wanted children with Paulo sooner rather than later. So, when you found out you were unexpectedly pregnant, you were deathly afraid of Paulo's reaction would be. It had been a week and you knew that keeping the secret from him would only make things worse. Sighing, you glanced at the clock. Paulo would be home in two hours and you mentally began to prepare yourself for that conversation.

Paulo sat in the dressing room following training and stared at his phone. He was simply procrastinating going home for you to ignore him again. But Cristiano had pushed him to go home and talk everything out. Unlocking the front door, Paulo dropped his bag at the entrance and walked into the living room, where you were staring numbly at the floor. "(Y/N)?" he called out softly, causing you to look up at him. "We have to talk."

"We do," you replied, smoothing out your dress and surprising Paulo at your willingness. "I have something to tell you."

"Is something wrong?" Paulo asked worriedly, walking forwards. You bit your lip and stared at your hands.

"Kind of," you spoke softly, moving to stand and grab the box you had prepared. Your hands started to shake as you opened the box and handed Paulo the test. His eyes widened in shock and his mouth instantly went dry as he stared at the pregnancy test.

"You-You're . . . oh my God," Paulo gasped out, staring down at the test. "Are you sure?"

"What do you mean am I sure?" you asked, lightly snapping as tension in the room rose.

"Pregnancy tests can be wrong, right?" Paulo stated, blinking rapidly. You pursed your lips and grabbed the box and dramatically dumped out the other ten positive pregnancy tests. Every brand that you could find within a twenty minute radius of your home.

"Yeah I'm pretty damn sure," you snapped, tears coming to your eyes. He didn't want kids, you decided in your mind, moving to leave. Grabbing your purse, you let out a sob as Paulo ran over.

"Where are you going?" he asked, grabbing you lightly by the arms.

"You obviously don't want kids," you replied, furiously wiping the tears away.

"I never said that, I'm just surprised is all!" Paulo protested, staring deeply into your own eyes.

"That's not what you said before," you muttered bitterly. "Because kids are just going to slow you down, right? Ruin your career?" Paulo groaned, rubbing his face. He was so stupid.

"Look, (Y/N), just because I wasn't expecting this to happen, doesn't mean that I don't want this baby," Paulo sighed, giving your hand a squeeze.

"I don't want you to do this out of pity," you cried out, fresh tears coming to the surface. "If your career is more important to you—"

"—Nothing is more important to me than you, and now the little baby inside of you," Paulo stated firmly, causing your bottom lip to quiver. "I love you, now please stop crying. You're going to make me cry," Paulo smiled, pressing a kiss to the top of your head as he wrapped his arms around you. You buried your face in his chest and tightened your hold on him.

"I love you too," you whispered out, causing Paulo to sigh in relief. 

A.N. I've started a Cristiano Ronaldo imagine and an Olivier Giroud imagine. Anyone have a preference?