Marc Bartra [~] Nurse

Marc Bartra

For CarolG14:

Opening the door to your and your boyfriend's shared home, you lugged in the grocery's that you had just bought and placed them on the kitchen counters. As you put them away, you started to ponder where you boyfriend had scampered off to. His car was in the driveway and the front door had been left unlocked, which meant that he was in the house. You knew he would have most likely been coming off practice and was probably upstairs showering.

However, after he showered, he would always walk downstairs to greet you with a hug and a kiss and proceed to ask you about your day. It was those moments that made you love him all the more and you were slightly saddened at the sudden interruption of them. After you finished putting away the groceries, you decided that it was a good time to start looking around for your boyfriend.

Opening every door, you searched through the basement and the first floor to no avail. Walking up the stairs, you headed towards your bedroom, hoping that your boyfriend would be there. To your relief, you found him curled up under the blankets, a pillow over his head and the covers pulled up to nearly his chin. "Marc?" you called, confused as to why he was in such a position at that moment.

"Babe, I think I'm sick," Marc responded. You could hear that he had congestion just from the way his words left his mouth and you walked over to his side. Removing the pillow, you stared down at Marc. He was sweating and yet shivering and chattering his teeth at the same time. Your worrying grew when you placed a hand to his forehead.

"You're burning up," you sighed. "I'm going to grab a thermometer and check your temperature," you stated before rushing out of the room and towards your medicine cabinet. Pulling out one of the thermometers you owned, you washed it and walked back towards Marc. Sticking the thermometer into his mouth, you waited patiently for the device to do a reading before taking it out of Marc's mouth.

Sighing you stared down at your boyfriend. "You have a fever," you stated, running your hand through Marc's soft hair. He groaned but you both knew that there was nothing you could do. You walked into your bathroom and ran a small towel under the faucet as cold water dribbled out. Squeezing out most of the water, you put the cloth on his forehead and hoped that it would help to bring his fever down.

"You don't have to do this," Marc told you, his eyes glazed over and unfocused. "I'll be fine."

"No, it's my job as your girlfriend to take care of you when you are sick and I will do my duty," you stated firmly, leaving no room for questions. Walking out of the room, you returned minutes later with just about everything that anyone would need to care for a sick person. You frequently changed the towel on Marc's forehead and checked his temperature every other hour.

Walking up the stairs with a warm bowl of chicken noodle soup, you smiled when you entered the room to see Marc sitting up. "Are you feeling better?" you asked, setting the soup down on the bedside table. Marc nodded as you helped him sit up further so that you could feed him. Bringing the spoon to his lips, you fed your boyfriend as he looked better by the minute.

He thanked you after he had finished the soup before lying back down again. You kissed his forehead as he started to drift to sleep. Smiling down at his form, you replaced the towel once more before grabbing some medicine for him once he woke up. Placing the medicine next to his bedside table, along with a note that explained the dosage to Marc, you slipped into the bathroom to shower.

Walking out of your bathroom and into the bedroom, you smiled when you saw Marc awake. "How are you feeling?" you asked.

"Better," Marc replied. He started to whine as you walked into the closet.

"What's wrong?"

"I just want to kiss you, but I don't want to get you sick," he groaned, causing you to chuckle.

"You can kiss me all you want when you're germ free," you winked before walking into the closet to change. You emerged a minute later only to see that Marc had passed out once again. Chuckling to yourself, you went downstairs and made yourself dinner before returning upstairs. Sitting on the bed next to Marc, you silently ate your meal as Marc started to stir from his nap again.

Setting your plate off to the side, you helped your boyfriend sit up before giving him some medicine. "I feel better already," Marc smiled as he went to lay back down.

"Already," you teased your boyfriend.

"Yep," Marc confirmed, "I mean I do have the nicest, not to mention the most beautiful nurse in the world taking care of me."

"You're so kind to me, Marc," you smiled, rubbing his reddened cheek, mostly due to the fever, with your thumb.

"No, you are the one that is so kind to me, mi amor," Marc replied, the congestion having mostly faded from his voice. You smiled at the name he called you, having to agree that it was the endearing term he used that you loved the most. You pressed a kiss to his forehead after removing the towel and went to go replace it once more.

"I can't imagine what I would do without you," Marc stated when you replaced the towel on his forehead.

"Well for starters, you'd barely be able to feed yourself and you currently would probably be as sick as a dog," you smiled teasingly down at your boyfriend before his pout caused you to laugh a little more. Patting his cheek lovingly, you pressed a long kiss to his forehead before pulling away. "I'm going to sleep in the guest room next door so I hopefully don't get sick either," you stated, causing Marc's pout to deepen. "But call for me and I shall appear," you smiled, caressing his cheek tenderly before bidding him goodnight and walking out of the room.