Gareth Bale [~] Rest and Relaxation

Gareth Bale

For SammyWritesBooks:

Samantha smiled as she double checked everything in her suitcase. Finally, she and her long term boyfriend would be able to get away from their crazy lives and just relax for a week. Samantha was undeniably proud of Gareth for all that he had done for Wales and for how far the team had made it in the Euros tournament. It was painful to watch them get knocked out by Portugal, but Samantha knew that Gareth was proud and Wales was proud of the team.

Closing her suitcase, Samantha started wheeling it towards the front door. Gareth was somewhere in the house, finishing up a phone call with his agent, and Samantha was excited to throw his "work phone" into his suitcase and turn it off for a whole week. Grabbing the suitcase by the handle, Samantha started her way down the stairs. Before she could even make it halfway, Gareth's nervous shouts from behind her caused her to sigh.

"Gareth, seriously, I'm fine," Samantha sighed as Gareth took the suitcase from her hands and then proceeded to carry it down to the bottom of the stairs.

"You're three months pregnant," Gareth pointed out. "You shouldn't be carrying heavy objects down stairs."

"It wasn't even that heavy!" Samantha protested, a small smile on her face. Even though she wouldn't admit it, she loved seeing Gareth so protective over her and the baby already. The two got into the car and started driving towards the airport. This was going to be their last vacation, just the two of them, before the baby would be born and both wanted to make the most of it.

Gareth pulled a hood over his head as he led Samantha into the airport. The two made it through security and everything easily and soon they were seated on their plane. Samantha rested her head on Gareth's shoulder and fell asleep easily as the flight reached the halfway point. Gareth watched reruns of the Euros on his phone as they neared their destination. The two were going to spend the week on an Italian beach, just the two of them and a small private home.

Getting out of the airplane and airport, Samantha and Gareth smiled as the sight of the house reached their view. After tipping the driver, Gareth placed their bags in the foyer, Samantha slipping into the room after him, closing the door behind him. Kicking off her shoes, Samantha walked throughout the house, exploring it.

Finding the bedroom easily, Samantha hopped onto the fluffy bed as Gareth's chuckle filtered into the room as he stood in the entrance. "It's so comfortable. We need to get one like this," Samantha smiled as she rolled on the bed. Gareth chuckled again before sitting next to Samantha on the bed.

"I don't know about you, but I could spend the whole week laying in this bed. Just you and me," Gareth sighed, leaning back on the bed.

"I know. You deserve a break, my love," Samantha replied, curling into Gareth's side.

"We both do," Gareth responded before pulling Samantha closer to himself. "It's been a long year," he sighed.

"You can say that again," Samantha smiled, resting her head in the crook of Gareth's neck. "But let's check out the beach before we accidently fall asleep on this thing." Despite the groan of protest that he let out, Gareth allowed Samantha to drag him downstairs. After both had changed into bathing suits, the couple walked down the path to their private beach.

Two chairs and an umbrella was already set up for them as they reached the beach. Gareth immediately took off for the water as Samantha placed their towels on one of the chairs before following after the Welshman. Gareth was enjoying the small waves that continuously flowed onto the beach when Samantha walked over to him.

"It's nice and warm," she smiled, floating on her back. Gareth smiled before lightly splashing Samantha, causing her to stop floating on her back and to stand up properly in the water. Splashing her boyfriend back, Samantha laughed loudly as Gareth returned fire. "Not fair!" she shouted.

"How is this not fair?" Gareth smiled before splashing her again.

"Because your hand are so much bigger than mine. You can splash so much more water!" Samantha made up. Gareth stuck his tongue out at Samantha before the woman splashed more water at him, her laugh filling the air around her.

"Now that was a cheap shot!" Gareth shouted before running towards Samantha. She squealed as Gareth's strong arms picked her up and held her above the water.

"Put me down, Gareth!" Samantha shouted before Gareth dunked her into the water, pulling her back out quickly after. Samantha slammed her head onto the broad chest of her boyfriend as he laughed at her waterlogged appearance. "You're so mean to me," Samantha jokingly whined as Gareth started walking to shore.

"I know," he replied smugly. Setting Samantha on her feet, the couple walked hand in hand out of the water and back up to their house, grabbing their towels on the way up. Samantha turned on the outside shower as she reached it, Gareth standing behind her. The two quickly washed off before walking into the house. After changing into some comfortable clothes, the two snuggled on the couch, a small meal laid out before them.

"This is exactly what we needed. The beach, some relaxation, and just each other," Samantha commented, snuggling into Gareth's side once more.

"I couldn't agree more," Gareth smiled before pressing a kiss to Samantha's lips. The two enjoyed the passionate kiss without any annoying paparazzi snapping thousands of pictures and shouting several rumors about infidelity into their faces as they walked down the street. It was just the two of them. Pulling away, Samantha smiled up at her boyfriend, a suggestive look in her eyes. The look in her boyfriend's eyes mirrored her own and Samantha's smile widened as Gareth picked her up and started walking towards their bedroom.

Gareth reconnected their lips before placing Samantha on the bed carefully. "I'm liking this whole privacy thing," Gareth smiled before capturing Samantha's lips once more.

"I couldn't agree more," Samantha winked.