Toni Kroos [~] Two is Better than One

A.N. I would just like to reiterate that requests are closed. The final list of requests is as follows: Toni Kroos, Sergi Roberto, Pick your Player, David Beckham, Gareth Bale, Antoine Griezmann, Mesut Ozil, Joshua Kimmich, Luke Shaw, Leroy Sane, Gareth Bale, Sergio Aguero, Lucas Digne, Lionel Messi, Fernando Torres, Lionel Messi, Gary Cahill, Mesut Ozil, and James Rodriguez.

Toni Kroos

For MathildeLoves1D:

Mathilde rubbed her belly as she waited for Toni to come home. She was nearly eight months pregnant and with twins coming, she was already previously warned by her doctor that the babies might be ready to come out at any moment. Yawning, Mathilde got up and walked out of the living room and into the kitchen to make herself a small snack. Entering the kitchen, Mathilde's stomach growled, causing her to chuckle to herself.

Pulling out all that she needed to make her food, she started to make her snacks when the front door opened. The familiar sound of Toni's feet on the hardwood floor reached Mathilde's ears. She smiled as she felt his warm arms around her and rested his hands on her prominent baby bump. He pressed a kiss to her neck before resting his head on her shoulder.

"What did you do today?" he asked, pressing another kiss to her skin.

"Just finished up some last minute things with the room and mailed out all of the thank you letters from the baby shower," Mathilde answered, leaning back into Toni's body.

"I don't know about you, but I could go for a night where we cuddle on the couch and watch movies," Toni said, looking at Mathilde's face to see a small grin light up her whole face.

"I'll second that motion," Mathilde responded, grabbing the food she had just prepared and started to walk towards the living room. Moving to walk up to the TV and turn it on, Mathilde felt Toni's strong arms wrap around her again.

"You sit down, I'll get it all set up," he insisted, pulling Mathilde over to the couch to sit on. Huffing in annoyance before telling Toni, again, that she was only pregnant and not disabled, she waited patiently for Toni to pick a movie and set it up. Pressing the play button, Toni returned to his seat next to Mathilde, wrapping an arm around her shoulder and pulling her closer to him. Mathilde smiled and cuddled into him as they started to watch the movie.

Part way through the second movie, Mathilde fell asleep, and not soon after her, Toni dozed off. Mathilde woke up early in the morning to the feeling of wetness running down her legs and pooling below her. Waking up, Mathilde tried not to disturb Toni as she tried to figure out what was the cause. Yawning, she stood up and pulled out her phone, using the flashlight to try and figure out what it was. Staring at the stain, Mathilde's eyes widened when she realized it was water.

Rubbing her belly, Mathilde took a deep breath to calm herself before shaking Toni awake. "Toni! Get up!" she hissed, shaking his shoulders roughly.

"What time is it?" Toni asked, half-asleep.

"It doesn't matter, I need you to grab the hospital bag. My water broke!" Mathilde told her husband. It took a moment for the information to register for Toni before his eyes widened and he fell off the couch in shock.

"Are you serious?" he asked, his eyes containing an incredulous look.

"Of course I am, you idiot!" Mathilde shouted, starting to feel a contraction. "I'm going to change, you grab the hospital bag and start calling people." Changing into a pair of athletic shorts and one of Toni's smaller shirts, Mathilde allowed Toni to help her into the car before he started driving towards the hospital. Groaning in pain, Mathilde clenched her eyes shut. Toni's hand rubbed her back soothingly before he started speeding down the highway towards the closest hospital.

"It's okay, we'll be there in a little bit," Toni told Mathilde. Taking deep breaths in and out Mathilde tried to calm her breathing a little bit more as they pulled into the parking lot of the hospital. Toni parked the car and ran around to help Mathilde out of the car. Mathilde clenched her teeth as Toni placed her on the ground. "I'm going to carry you, hold onto me," Toni told Mathilde before lifting her into her arms nearly effortlessly and running towards the hospital doors.

Toni ran into the room, drawing the attention of the lone nurse at the desk. Running up to the desk, Toni gently placed Mathilde's feet on the ground. Turning to the nurse, his expression panicked, he found her already wheeling a wheelchair around for Mathilde. "I take it your children wanted to come out finally," the nurse said as she called for another nurse to take you to the maternity wing.

A nurse came and started to push you to the maternity wing as fast as possible. They hooked you up to several machines before leaving to get the doctor on duty. Breathing in and out as controlled as she could manage, Mathilde clutched Toni's hand tightly in her hand. "You just had to go and get me pregnant, Kroos," Mathilde joked as she clenched her hand as a contraction hit.

"If I remember correctly, you were the one who initiated it that night," Toni chuckled. The doctor chose that moment to enter the room. After checking over Mathilde, he quickly called for nurses to take Mathilde to the delivery room.

"You dilated very quickly, Mrs. Kroos, the babies are ready to be born." Toni looked nervous at the news but turned to give Mathilde a reassuring smile.

"They're almost here," he whispered, pressing a kiss to her forehead.

"They couldn't come soon enough," Mathilde replied before they started to wheel her out of the room. Toni ran alongside the bed as they headed for the delivery room. About forty five minutes later, Toni found himself smiling down at their two children. There was Maia, the older of the twins and also bigger, who was suckling happily. Next to her, Mateo, who was a little smaller than his older sister, was fussing as Mathilde shifted him in her arms.

"They're so beautiful," Toni smiled, rubbing their heads gently with the pads of his fingers.

"I couldn't agree more," Mathilde smiled as the couple enjoyed alone time with the new additions to their family.