Mesut Özil [~] Night of Surprises

Mesut Özil

For Emzzie16:

You yawned as you pulled into the driveway. It was a long day at work for you. You had been called in extra early after one of your coworkers had unexpectedly called out for the day. After you worked the morning shift, you were forced to work the rest of your originally assigned shift. Yawning again, you rubbed your eyes tiredly before turning off the car and getting out. Closing the garage door behind you, you walked into your and Mesut's shared home.

You knew he didn't have practice that day and was probably somewhere in the house. Kicking off your work shoes, you pulled off your light jacket before trudging upstairs to your and Mesut's shared bedroom. Walking straight into the bathroom, you changed out of your work clothes before taking a quick shower. Pulling on some comfortable clothes, you lightly towel dried your hair before flopping onto the large bed in the center of the room and falling asleep quickly.

Mesut, meanwhile, was downstairs finishing up calls. He wanted to make sure that everything was perfect before he went through with the whole night. Taking a deep breath in and out, Mesut dug into his pocket and pulled out the small black box that had been mentally weighing down his entire being for the whole day. He was going to propose, which both sets of your parents were very happy about. According to his mother, he was "finally" going to do it.

You and Mesut had been dating for several years, having met when you were a student studying abroad in Germany and he was still playing for Werder Bremen. The two of you had been inseparable since. Looking down at the ring, Mesut examined each detail of the arrangement for nearly the tenth time that day. He wanted everything to be perfect, having seen enough failed proposals in movies and his own life to know that what follows one usually wasn't pleasant for either party.

Closing the small black box, Mesut took another deep breath before running upstairs and knocking lightly on the bedroom door. When there was no response, Mesut walked into the room and chuckled lightly at the sight of you sprawled across the bed with your wet hair all over your face and the bed. Mesut quieted himself before walking over to you. Slipping into the bed with you, he quietly started laying kisses on your face to see when you would wake up. After the fifth one, you woke up.

"What do you want, Mes? Can't it wait?"

"No, I already made the reservations at your favorite restaurant and everything," Mesut grinned, starting to pull you off the bed. You groaned in protest but eventually got up and went to change into proper clothes and make your hair less messy.

"This better be worth it, Mesut," you joked, elbowing your long term boyfriend in the side lightly.

"It will be. I promise," he replied, a small smile gracing his lips. The two of you hopped into his car before he started driving towards your favorite restaurant in all of London. It had your favorite dish and everything, and you and Mesut frequented it for your anniversary and birthday dates. Mesut parked the car before leading you out to the restaurant.

The hostess quickly led the two of you to your table before handing you menus. You ordered your favorite meal, as usual, before you and Mesut went on talking about your days. You mentioned work and all of the stress and everything that had stemmed from that day while Mesut tip toed around information regarding his plans for the night. He said he had gone and worked out with some of the guys before catching lunch together but in reality, the boys that were married/engaged had a little meeting with him about what to do.

He was so nervous but his teammates encouraged him to go through with it, having seen the amount of love you held in your heart for Mesut and the amount of love Mesut held in his heart for you. Per jokingly told him he should have proposed the second he met you. Feeling the box in his pocket, Mesut took a deep breath, calming himself, before deciding that he wouldn't propose here tonight; he'd do it in a more secluded area.

After finishing your meals and paying, you and Mesut left the restaurant hand in hand before walking to the nearest park. Walking through the now mostly empty trails, you and Mesut enjoyed the alone time together. "I just love this park," you smiled. "I could spend a whole day just sitting and chilling here," you joked before pulling Mesut over to a bench near the pond. "Look at the ducklings," you cooed as some of the fluffy birds waddled around on shore.

While you were distracted, Mesut saw the opportunity to propose. Deciding that it was now or proposing in the parking lot, which was definitely not a good idea, Mesut decided to propose. Pulling the small black box out of his pocket, Mesut stared at it and went to kneel on one knee. "(Y/N)," he started, catching your attention. You turned around to look at your boyfriend and gasped when you caught sight of him on one knee. "We've been together now for seven years, 34 weeks, 3 days, and 4 hours. And each of those hours, I was so happy to be by your side and being the man that you could call your boyfriend. And now, I'm asking if you'll give me the absolute honor of calling you my wife for the next seven years, 34 weeks, 3 days, and 4 hours and beyond, until death do us part. (Y/N), will you marry me?" Mesut proposed.

Placing a hand over your mouth in shock during his speech, your eyes started to water. "Of course I'll marry you, Mesut," you cried before Mesut started to tear up as well. Standing up, Mesut helped you up before pressing his lips passionately to your own. You returned the kiss as Mesut placed the ring on your finger. Pulling away, the two of you rested your foreheads on each other's. "I love you."

"I love you too, my fiancé," Mesut winked, causing you to smile and kiss him once more.