Joshua Kimmich [~] Get Out There!

Joshua Kimmich

For lola1z:

You smiled widely as you entered the Olympic Stadium. Being assigned to the German national team for the whole tournament was something you could not believe you were doing. You looked around the stadium, in a near daze at how cool it looked, for lack of a better term, before breaking out into a smile. "I see you're getting familiar with the stadium," Joachim Löw stated as he too stepped out into the light.

"Yes, sir," you replied sheepishly in front of one of your many bosses for the entirety of the Rio Games. "I was just making sure that the medic station was all set up and I happened to wander out here."

"No worries," he told you before glancing at his watch. "But in the next five minutes, you'll be meeting the team. They're all harmless, I assure you," he smiled. You nodded quickly before loud yelling and laughter filled the tunnel. The boys walked out, nodding to Joachim before walking right past you and out onto the field. "Boys!"

They all quickly stopped and turned around to see you and Joachim standing next to each other near the entrance to the tunnel. Joachim motioned for them to run over to the two of you and the boys quickly complied with their head coach. "Boys, I would like you to meet (Y/N) (Y/L/N). She's been designated to this team for the entirety of the tournament. I want you to all treat her with the same respect that you would me. And keep the flirting to a minimum, please, we don't need to frighten her away. Now start to warm up!"

The boys nodded, shouting "Hello" over their shoulders before running off. Walking to the medic stand, you made sure all of your equipment was working and was there before double checking that the ice and water machines were hooked up and working. Turning around, you walked out to the field where the boys were doing drills. They were very hard working and didn't look like the bunch to cry over spilled milk, which you were thankful for.

However, throughout the day, you caught the same blonde player sneaking glances at you. You recognized him from the Euros tournament but you couldn't connect a face with a name. Shrugging your shoulders, used to the hyped up football players hitting on you frequently, you brushed it off and continued about your business. The practice session was close to over when Joachim walked over to you. "I'm going to have all the boys introduce themselves to you before they leave so that everyone is familiar with everyone." You nodded and followed him over to the boys.

Waters were passed around the group as Joachim talked to them about things that they did well at and things that they needed to work on before the matches started. "Now, before you all leave and run back to the pool, I want each of you to personally introduce yourselves to (Y/N), our medic." The boys nodded before they started to walk over to you.

You smiled and shook their hands, trying to memorize the name to the face. You had nearly finished introduction when your eyes fell on the blond player that had been staring at you the whole time. "Hi, I'm Joshua Kimmich," he smiled, shaking your hand lightly. You smiled as the two of you broke into a small conversation, the whole time with him continuing to hold your hand in his own.

You admitted to yourself that he was most definitely attractive and good at football, two things you wouldn't mind in a boy. "I have to go to a meeting, but if you wanted to continue this conversation later, I'd be happy to," you smiled.

"Y-Y-Yeah, sure," he smiled nervously before scurrying off. You chuckled as he sprinted off to catch up with his teammates, catching on that he was obviously nervous around you. Finishing introductions, you ran off to the meeting before making you way back to your hotel. Showing up for work the next day, you smiled when there was a note taped to the med kit that you were in charge of.

Plucking the note off of the med kit, you smiled as you read through the writing.

Dear (Y/N),

It's Josh. I just wanted to let you know that I am free tomorrow night to go out to dinner or go to the beach. You name it and I'll be happy to do it with you. And here's my number xxx-xxx-xxxx if you ever wanted to text me.

-Josh

You smiled at the note, folding it carefully and putting it into one of your pockets before walking out of the tunnel and towards the med station. You and Josh went out nearly every night after the note, getting closer and closer. Three games had passed and the knock out stages had begun. It was nearing the end of the match when you started to get nervous. The other team was getting pushy and Josh was on the receiving end of a lot of it.

You gasped when you saw Josh go down after an opponent kicked him in the chest in an attempt to get to the ball. You rushed to Josh's side as he clutched his chest. "Josh," you gasped, seeing the dots of red already starting to stain his white jersey. As he was near the side of the field, you coached him to get off the field so that you could properly look him over. Germany had used all of their subs and you knew Josh was going to have to tough it out.

"Josh, I'm going to take your shirt off and wrap your chest and then you're going to have to go back out there," you told him, already applying bandages to his bare chest. He groaned in protest and you knew he was tired. Finishing the bandaging, you took a deep breath before leaning forwards and kissing Josh on the mouth. His eyes widened before he kissed you back. The two of you pulled away from each other. "Now get back out there."

Josh could only nod dumbly before pressing another kiss to your lips before he raced back out onto the field. Turning around, you smiled when you saw Josh won the ball back for Germany and was starting the attack again, quickly leading to the winning goal being scored.

A.N. Luke Shaw next!