Neymar [~] Ankle Sprain

Neymar

For ziamandmalum:

Gray smiled as she jogged around with her teammates. They were at training for today and Gray was hoping that they would end early enough for her to go to her boyfriend's game at the Camp Nou. Chatting happily about what had been going on in her life recently, Gray turned her attention to the manager, who was starting to split them up into teams for a scrimmage. Pulling on her pinny, Gray jogged over to her position before the whistle was blown.

Gray sprinted forwards, receiving the ball, and continued down the field. Passing the ball, Gray participated fully in the scrimmage for the first several rotations. Sweat dotted her forehead and lined the rest of her body as they stopped to take a quick water break. Rolling her ankle on her own, Gray hissed a little in pain. She had tweaked it on a tackle and a slight pain now resided in her ankle whenever she moved it.

Brushing off her teammate's worried glances, Gray told them that she would get it looked over later. The scrimmage restarted and Kristin continued to play to the best of her abilities, despite the slight pain. Running fast down the field, Gray saw that she was running out of room and quickly gave the ball up. Twisting her hips to kick the ball, Gray hissed in pain as her ankle on her planted foot exploded in pain. Falling to the ground, Gray clutched her ankle as the pain continued to grow.

Play was immediately stopped as the field medics and staff rushed over to Gray. Gray hissed again as they started to assess her ankle. "Looks like an ankle sprain, we'll have to take you inside to get a full diagnosis," the head medic told Gray, who nodded in recognition before allowing them to load her into one of the stretchers.

Gray looked at the clock on the wall as they waited for results on the several scans they had run on her ankle. She was going to be late to Neymar's game, which was a definite, if she was even able to go at all at this point. The medics returned into the room and waited for the team manager and captain to arrive before explaining the diagnosis.

"So, after careful examination of Gray's ankle, we're going to diagnose the injury as a Grade II ankle sprain and she's out of training for the next six to eight weeks," the head medic stated, causing everyone around the room to groan in protest. Gray huffed and glared down at her ankle. It was currently swollen and wrapped tightly in ice and wrappings. "She won't need surgery or anything, but crutches and or a boot look likely for the next few days at least."

Gray nodded as she took this information in. Looking up at the clock again, Gray sighed as she knew that there was no way she'd be able to finish the medical examination and treatment at the field in time to make it to Neymar's game. Pulling out her phone, Gray pressed Antonella's contact and waited patiently for the Argentine woman to pick up. "Hey, Gray, where are you? I was about to call you because Neymar looks a little nervous that you're dumping him or something," Antonella joked.

"Yeah, sorry about that. Uh, the thing is, I'm at the training ground right now, in the medical wing because I sustained a Grade II ankle sprain in a scrimmage," Gray sighed. Antonella gasped as Gray admitted the information.

"Oh my! I'm so sorry, Gray."

"Its fine, injuries happen," Gray shrugged. "Can you just tell Neymar that I'm definitely not dumping him?" Gray joked back. "Just please don't tell him about the injury, he'll get unfocused over it and his head should be focused on the game."

"I'll be sure to let him know for you. Get better soon, Gray," Antonella replied before both women hung up. Setting her phone on the table, Gray straightened her leg so that they would be able to take measurements for boot sizing. Antonella put her phone in her purse as she moved Mateo from one arm to the other. Texting Leo the news that Gray wouldn't be coming, Antonella hoped that Leo listened to her and didn't tell the Brazilian striker about Gray's well-being.

Neymar was visibly unfocused as they exited the tunnel, to the concern of his teammates and the coaches. The game started and it didn't take long for Neymar's mind to stray away from the game and towards possible scenarios that would be keeping his girlfriend away from the game. Meanwhile, Gray allowed one of her teammates to drive her home. Pulling the crutches out, Gray hobbled up to the front door, her bag on her back, before she opened the door and walked into the home.

It was half time at the Barcelona game and Neymar slapped himself several times for him to focus throughout the first half. A rocket from Luis Suarez secured Barcelona a lead after the first half but Luis Enrique knew that they could do better. After the pep talk, the players relaxed around the room for a few minutes before they would have to go back out there and play the second half. Leo opened his locker and glanced at his phone, only for his eyes to lock on a message from Anto that she had sent before the game.

Reading the message silently, Leo failed to notice Neymar's wandering eyes after he saw his girlfriend's name appear in the text message. Neymar read the message to himself, his eyes racing over the words as his heart dropped when he found out his girlfriend was injured. Leo put his phone away and didn't notice Neymar's panicked expression before walking back towards the tunnel.

Neymar wanted the game to be over so that he could go home and check on his girlfriend. Barcelona was now up 3-0 and there was no way that the other team would be able to come back as they had failed to even get a shot on goal yet. Neymar's frustration grew until the final whistle blew. Neymar rushed to change and head home, ignoring paparazzi and news people in order to hurry home.

Nearly ramming the front door open, Neymar sighed in relief to see his girlfriend on the couch, asleep. Carrying her bridal style, Neymar was careful of her booted ankle when he placed her into their shared bed. Pulling the covers over her, Neymar quickly changed and hopped in with her, pulling her close to his chest and pressing a soft kiss to her forehead. "Don't ever scare me like that ever again, Gray."

"I'll try not to," Gray winked before cuddling back into her boyfriend's chest and falling asleep.