War cry

Amelia sat in the corner of her prison, it was dark, cold, there were long claw marks etched on to the walls and old vomit on the floor

Being locked like a caged animal was degrading. Who the hell did this pack think they were? And who was their Alpha?

She closed her eyes, trying to figure out their motives when she felt a powerful force arrive, hitting her like a gush of wind.

She could sense the mysterious presence from a mile away. He was an Alpha and some were known to be so powerful that the earth they walked on was said to shake underneath them. But there was something different about him, it could be the dark, gut-twisting power he gave out- nothing like her old Alpha and her instinct told her to be very afraid, that he was the biggest threat she'd ever encountered.

But there was another instinct inside of her, something she didn't know existed, up till now. It told her she was safe, it told her to call out to him, it wanted to see him so badly it was suffocating. It was obviously trying to get her killed.

And frankly, it pissed Amelia off, here she was seconds from seeing the demon that tore her away from her home after sending his people on her land for some shady business and she would be damned before she would let herself feel anything but hate towards him.

Soon enough a dark figure appeared from the shadows. But what really made her hands shake was the large pair of wings on the shadow. Amelia was so terrified she couldn't blink but when she finally did- they disappeared as fast as they had appeared. It approached her slowly, every one of its footsteps teasingly taking their time, as if it enjoyed stalking its prey.

She recognized it as a man and now she was standing right in front of him, her eyes locked on the floor where she saw a pair of shiny expensive shoes.

'At least he has taste.' she muttered sarcastically. She didn't have the nerve to look at his face. She was scared of what she was feeling. Why was it getting harder to breath?

"Look at me." The monster spoke in the most silky smooth voice she'd ever heard.

"Look at me!" It boomed again when she didn't comply.

She did not look at him because he commanded her to, she looked at him so she could tell him to fuck off, to show him Alpha or not she wasn't afraid of him. So she lifted her head arrogantly and her dark chocolate brown eyes were met with light blue ones and everything came undone.

It felt like every single constellation in the sky was aligned. Every mean curse or name she was going to call him was irrelevant. Her body shook with electricity like she had never felt before. She forgot her feet were touching the ground, which mind you was not an easy thing to do. In that moment, she saw them living together, she saw them having picnics, she even saw their goddamn baby for Pete's sake. She couldn't look away and it appears, he couldn't either.