Isaac's pet

Both Amelia and Iris headed in opposite directions of the vast forest

Both Amelia and Iris headed in opposite directions of the vast forest. Not wanting to be near each other.

Amelia ran full speed towards the lake. This was going to be easy she thought to herself but she spoke too soon. Of course Isaac wouldn't have made it that easy for her because two seconds later she swore she saw something move in the shadows.

The creature had a long tail, Amelia stepped back imagining what horrible beast it could be. The creature moved some more until it was hit by the light of the moon. A crocodile. It was a crocodile. Amelia's blood turned cold and she was paralyzed with fear.

The creature was covered in disgusting green scales, its long mouth opening to show a collection of sharp teeth used to tear off flesh. Its beady golden eyes stared at Amelia as it started to crawl forward, determined not to let her come near the rocks.

'WHAT IS A BLOODY CROCODILE DOING HERE. NEVER IN MY FUCKING LIFE HAVE I BEEN TO A PACK WITH CROCODILES. HOW DID IT EVEN GET HERE? IT'S PROBABLY ISAAC'S PET! ONLY THE DEVIL WOULD KEEP A VICIOUS BEAST AS A PET! AREN'T CROCODILES SUPPOSE TO BE LIVING IN TROPICAL REGIONS?!!BECAUSE IM FEELING COLD AS SHIT ISAAC' Amelia yelled in her head panicking while trying to step away from the beast without agitating it.

She would have made a run for it, the crocodile's nasty blood lust didn't inspire bravery. But she knew one thing, Isaac put it there for her to find. She had swam in the lake earlier and there was no crocodile in this entire area and unless they went around exploring the forest in their free time, the bloodhounds were trying to mess with her.

She didn't know why he had a spare crocodile lying around, or how they managed to transport it so fast but there was no vegetation here and it looked out of place. She was not going to let it scare her that easily.

The crocodile was still a good distance away so Amelia backed up slowly, trying not to make any sudden movements. The crocodile hissed at her and remained where it was. She needed it to get away from the rocks long enough for her to find the silver rod. So once she was far away, she picked up a pebble and hurled it at the crocodile.

The pebble hit it on the head, provoking it. It growled and started snapping its jaw left and right, running surprisingly fast for a big heavy beast, right behind Amelia.

Since Amelia had put a good distance between her and the creature she had gotten a fair head start so she bolted.
She led the beast around the lake, making sure to stay away from the water as she didn't want anymore surprises popping out. The crocodile was suppose to be as fast as an adult human and although she couldn't shift, she wasn't completely human.

Her werewolf genes made her faster than the crocodile, giving her a larger acceleration rate, increasing the distance between them every second. She decided that she would go around the massive lake in a circle, reach the rocks they started the race from before the crocodile, find the metallic rod and then climb a tree. Because she climbed trees when she was frightened.

"ISAAC YOU BASTARDDDD," she echoed as she ran away from the beast.

The plan seemed to work as she reached the rocks before the scaly reptile, jumping on them to try and find the rod. Come on come on Amelia thought, her nerves jittering as the crocodile was getting closer. If she didn't find it in the next twenty seconds, the crocodile would catch up to her and she would have to run all those miles around the lake again. Although this time she was tired and wouldn't be able to keep the reptile at a distance.

She touched the rocks hysterically, finding the rod stuffed in the middle of two boulders. She used all her strength to pull it out as it started slipping through but her happiness was short lived when she saw the crocodile charge towards her, ready to go for the kill.

It was too close to her and she knew she couldn't run away because turning her back on it now would leave her vulnerable and before she could think of a plan, the vicious predator opened its deadly mouth and seized her thigh in a pincer grip.

It tried to drag her towards the lake's wet suffocating darkness. The excruciating pain made her want to bawl out tears as she felt her skin get pierced by its sharp teeth. She instinctively used the rod and jammed it into its eyes.

The beast getting hit in its most vulnerable spot opened its jaw in surprise, giving Amelia enough time to get out of its grip and jam the other eye. It backed away recovering from the hit but before it could launch itself at her again, she had enough time to run up the rocks and push the unstable boulder towards the reptile.

It ran fast to avoid the charging boulder and when it tried to find his prey, she had disappeared.

Amelia ran back into the forest, blood dripping from her thighs. She needed to find a safe place to sit, away from Iris and the crocodile so she could heal. She quickly found a cave she could fit in and crawled in.

She sat in the cave, the hard uneven walls hurting her back as she tried to lean on them. She could see her wounds healing and her fingers gripped the rod tightly. Totally got this under control she thought before she heard the sound of footsteps. Only one name went through her mind.

...Iris

------------------------------