The loveliest life sentence

CUTEST SONG

CUTEST SONG

-------------------------------

After fifteen minutes of strategising and arguing, Amelia and Isaac had a plan. Or something as close to one as it could get.

Isaac was a deviously good manipulator and paradoxically, that was why she trusted him. If anyone was capable of outwitting the centuries old, grand prince of Hell - it would be the arrogant prick we all know and love.

Amelia clenched her fist and closed her eyes.

'This would work. This had to work,' she muttered to herself
as she discretely managed to slip into her room. They didn't have much time to discuss the plan as Isaac had sensed some Angels heading their way. Five minutes too late and both their heads would have been on sticks.

She jumped on her bed, tired and mentally drained. There were zero traces of the voice in her head, she didn't know exactly what it was, but Amelia knew it would come back when she needed help again.
Hopefully that would not be anytime soon.

When Isaac had asked her how she managed to break the spell, she looked him in the eye and proudly stated 'I'm Amelia Faye, what the Hell did you expect?' he had not inquired any further.

She seemed to be getting her memories back like pieces of a puzzle and the only emotions she felt towards Lucifer revolved around murderous intent.

She had to smile and keep up the act until tomorrow afternoon. He would hopefully be dead after.

Her eyes slowly closed as she dozed off into a deep slumber. The night passed quickly and the morning even more so. She had overslept. Amelia lunged off her bed as if it had just bit her.

Today was the most important day of her life, it would define the rest of her waking existence and she had overslept.

What good were those chamber maids? They woke me up every god forsaken morning against my will.

With inhumane speed, she violently rummaged through her drawers. She pulled out a pair of jeans, a red shirt and ran into the bathroom with a towel. Fifteen minutes later she emerged out ready.

She threw on a pair of sneakers and dashed out her room, slamming the door.

She was greeted with chaos. There were Angels running around in hundreds of directions. All holding weapons, supplies and preparing for war. After they would get into Eden from Hell, Lucifer would be able to open a portal and bring in his army.

She had rushed out in lightning speed but now that she was out, she didn't know quite what to do. That was until she heard a wretched sound.