An unusal distraction

Amelia needed to desperately find the sword

She eyed everyone around her. Other than Lucifer- who was still busy maniacally laughing and giving his victims the full experience of Hell- she had to deal with everyone left.

Leviathan, waving a white feathery fan he for some reason found useful to bring, fanned himself while murmuring something about global warming being a universal quality to Beelzebub.

Belphegor, Amelia noticed, quietly walked towards Beelzebub and jumped onto his back, grabbing onto it.

"What are you doing?!" Beelzebub exclaimed angrily trying to peel Belphegor off his back.

"Take me to that cave over there, I'm exhausted." Belphegor lazily purred.

"Do it yourself! Did you use your powers to glue yourself on to me!?!" Beelzebub fumed, aggressively trying to shake him off.

"I can not. There are no cars in Hell." Belphegor sighed, clinging even more tightly to Beelzebub.

"Use. Your. Wings." Beelzebub seethed, waving his hands back to try and claw Belphegor.

"I can not." Belphegor sighed once again.

"And why is that?" Leviathan questioned, tilting his head and holding the feathery fan to his face.

"They do not work by themselves. It is inconvenient for me."

"And did it never occur to you that this isn't exactly the picture of convenience for me. Remove yourself this instant!" Beelzebub's tone was acidic as Belphegor's legs were now tightly wrapped around his waist.

"I can not."

"Pray tell us why?" Leviathan smirked.

"It is more comfortable. I will now be drowsing off to sleep. Do not find the need to wake me up." Belphegor announced placing his head on Beelzebub's shoulder and closing his eyes.

"For the devil tasked with lazying and slothing humans, how is it possible that they managed to make him more sluggish than he already was?" Leviathan questioned.

"Get off me you useless, unworthy cumberground, you dare try and fall alseep on me and I will peel you off like the wretched leach you prove yourself to be! I will-"

"He's already asleep." Leviathan cut Beelzebub off.

Before Beelzebub unleashed his wrath, Amelia took the opportunity to slip away. she was worried about how she could leave without them hunting her out immediately. This was an unusual distraction.

Now that Isaac had left, they weren't watching her as closely. He was the only threat they acknowledged. She was in their universe now, they discarded her as helpless and at their mercy. It was a blessing that even though god had made them strong, he had also made them stupid.

"Where is the sword, where is the sword?! This place looks like it stretches on forever. Lucifer would not have risked bringing Isaac here if he knew Isaac could retrieve it easily. Just one stab into Lucifer's chest and he's supposed to be out for centuries- he would just be thoughts and sin but he would lose his powers and physical form. So where is the damn thing!" Amelia thought to herself.

She looked behind her to find Leviathan amusingly watching Beelzebub aggressively slamming himself into nearby mountains to try and get Belphegor off.

"Idiots." she muttered

The portal had brought them to where Hell truly began as it was where the people who had just died were brought and put into the fire. It was ironic how she was taunting Isaac when she was the one afraid of what type of creatures and the things she would see going deeper into Hell.

But the thought of staying here for much longer was far scarier so she made a run for it.

When she was far enough and out of sight she stopped in front of what looked like a Black Forest.

It was made up of massive lifeless charcoal tress, three times the size on earth, that looked like they had been burned and roasted. Their long, high branches entangling into each other, creating a thick sky of its own

What if Lucifer came back only to find her missing? This was the only place the Princes couldn't see her from if they flew over. They'd have to work on foot and it was an advantage she would need.

So she took a deep breath and made her way through the eerie, dangerous, foul smelling forest.

The first thing she heard were the screams.