Medusa

"Medusa

"Medusa." Amelia whispered as she recalled the legends she had heard about the terrifying woman with snakes for hair and dangerous eyes.

"Come along, you don't have a lot of time." She commanded as she walked past the boulders of rock from the wall she had just destroyed.

Amelia, still not comprehending how Medusa had done that, quickly dashed towards one of the other cave walls, extending her arm to check if it was a prop.

"Don't bother." Medusa laughed, "just drink your water and follow me."

Amelia obliged, the water tasting like the closest thing to heaven on this damned realm. She wiped her mouth with her arm, feeling rejuvenated with a new will to fight.

"You do understand it is rather inconvenient for me to not look into your eyes, I mean what if we start bonding and we defeat Lucifer and I look into your eyes to share a feeling of mutual triumph and suddenly turn to stone. Do you understand how tragic that would be. How would you manage to go on?"

"That sounds like a good ending to me. Let us do that. Without the bonding part." Medusa muttered.

"But why do I have to walk behind you?" Amelia whined.

"So you don't look into my eyes." Medusa answered.

"Then I should be walking in front of you."

"You will turn around." Medusa answer unamused.

"What if you turn around!" Amelia bickered.

"I will not turn around." Medusa sighed.

"I suppose it would feel more threatening to have those snakes you carry on your head behind me." Amelia came to a resolution.

"Keep your energy on the glowing stone, I certainly hope we are still walking in the right direction."

"How is it that you're the all mighty Medusa yet you don't know where Lucifer's castle is. Have you never been there?" Amelia inquired.

"I was made to forget, I wouldn't have left it standing had I still known." She replied.

"And why is that?"

"That is none of your business." Medusa replied.

"I see," Amelia replied "they ghosted you huh. Which is ironic since you're in hell which makes you dead. Oh my is everyone here a ghost??" She gasped, realizing it for seemingly the first time.

"I am not a ghost. First it was your side kick, now a ghost. Will you stop trying to label me as something."

"I'm sorry but I find it hard to trust someone when I don't know what you're doing here." Amelia demanded.

"Let's just say once upon a time there was a weak human girl with the most beautiful eyes who caught the attention of a powerful prince that was not of her world. He married her against her will and soon overcome with greed became so paranoid of someone stealing her away he brought her back to his realm and locked her up in his castle. Only to find out she had been raped by one of his brothers.

The prince was so angry he demanded she be punished. Lilith was Lucifer's right hand at the time and took the responsibility of punishing the human girl. She turned her long golden hair into deadly serpents and her lovely brown eyes unloveable. The prince was ecstatic because what worth was an ugly woman. To him she had been given a faith worst than death. But what Lilith gave her was the ability to protect herself from any man that tried to harm her again."