And then there were three

Amelia was out of words

Amelia was out of words. The legends she had heard of Medusa described her as a wicked creature, they made it seem like she was raised out of the earth a beast and would return to it one.

Never had she imagined Medusa was real, let alone roaming a scorned woman in Hell. An angry, powerful and intimidating scorned woman. Amelia watched Medusa's back. She walked with a poised, arrogant posture as she left her bare foot prints on Hell's burning soil.

Medusa could have been lying or she could have been an illusion of the devil but Amelia instinctively felt a lot safer. Amelia finally felt a little stronger. Her spirits were lifted. Two was better than one. Well twenty six if you counted the snakes.

They walked for what seemed like ages, mostly quietly unless the stone instructed a change of direction. Amelia used this time to keep a close eye on her surroundings, the sky remained the same bloody red but the soil she noticed got visibly darker and the mountains taller until they were high enough to not show their peaks.

They didn't run into any demons although Amelia heard the sound of one screaming after them but Medusa had said to stay close to her, continue walking and not turn around. She couldn't walk too far ahead or she'd risk Medusa turning her into stone but now she couldn't turn around either. Amelia was truly having a field day.

Amelia was briefly distracted as she started day dreaming of baths. 'Oh how wonderful does that sound' she thought to herself 'a cold bath, nice clean clothes, ice cubes and some sunscreen and a hat' luxuries indeed.

The ice cubes would have melted but why had she not packed a goddamn hat.

It seemed having Medusa around made Amelia too comfortable because before she knew it Medusa was a long distance away and there was the sound of a loud thud behind Amelia. Someone or something had landed from the sky. And then came the wind as if large wings were being flapped.

"Going somewhere?" An amused and wicked voice questioned.

Gavreel

Amelia would have smiled if her first instinct wasn't to turn on one foot and try to kick Gavreel in the face.

He caught the sole of her shoe right before it touched his cheek. His rosy hair glimmered and he smirked as he tossed Amelia towards the ground. She got up immediately and started running towards him for round two. She had a score to settle.

Gavreel tilted his head slightly as he flew into the air before she had the chance to punch him.

"Where is Isaac?" Amelia asked swinging her fist.

"Oh the dog? Hahaha he's dead!" Gavreel exclaimed laughing as he landed on the ground in front of Amelia.

Amelia went completely still for a second, her eyes staring intently at the floor. Before Gavreel opened his mouth to say something else her shoe made contact with his face.