A rude awakening

"Dead body number one Dead body number two Dead body num- ah wait that one's still moving" Amelia sighed as Jake cheered Isaac on

Dead body number two
Dead body num- ah wait that one's still moving" Amelia sighed as Jake cheered Isaac on.

Was he really that angry over a car?

The sound of Isaac breaking a grey wolf's leg, humoring it by letting the wolf try to run and then giving it a cruel smile before breaking the other one-answered Amelia's question. Yes, yes he was.

"It was just a car" Amelia emphasized quietly, turning her face to shield herself from the bloody scene.

Isaac had insisted, no-demanded, that he would alone take care of the parasites.

He really didn't leave any room for discussion as he kissed Amelia on the head with an arrogant smile and morphed into his obsidian black wolf, heading towards the enemy. His gesture took Amelia off guard, leaving her in a mesmerized daze.

'Dammit, he did it again,' she murmured.

Mr Faye and Ashton froze, seeing the extent of Isaac's wrath, the way he was selfish and wanted all the prey to himself. The way he relished in the sheer amount of ways to end their miserable lives. The movement of every muscle was so precise, graceful yet brutally frightening.

Judging from the unfiltered terror in both Amelia's father and brother's eyes, it didn't look like they were too keen on joining in. Except Iris and Jake. Iris and Jake cheered him on like savages.

Mrs Faye had given her husband one last meaningful look before she took little Aria Faye to shelter.

Iris, Jake, Amelia, Amelia's father-the Beta and Ashton had all gone to assist the evacuation from the west.

Iris, Amelia and her father escorted the elderly out of the houses while Jake and Ashton attacked any wolf that threatened to come near a one mile radius.

Soon, the Alpha of silver moon and some of his guards had arrived to help, the houses were empty, and there were more than enough people to safely lead the pack members to the pack house.

This gave Jake and Amelia time to run back and check up on Isaac, he had been heavily outnumbered-surely he must have been exhausted now.

Yet to Amelia's surprise- Isaac's one man horror show didn't look like it would stop anytime soon as his wolf luxuriously continued to tear limb after limb.

Ten wolves lay, most of them Amelia assumed were dead, judging from the extensive damage and crooked necks. Two other wolves tried their luck at Isaac, the anger from being surrounded by their dead pack members fueling their courage.

Alas, their efforts were in vain as Isaac toyed with them before ripping out their throats in a gory display. Amelia knew it was over when the whimpering stopped. They were the enemy, they were here to kill them but why did Isaac have to take so much pleasure in their deaths?

The air stunk of blood and other bodily fluids, the once green grass was dyed red, homes collapsed and there were unknown bodies randomly scattered.

So this was what war looked like. It was not glorious and empowering like the Blood hounds made it seem, yet it was not avoidable like Silver moon claimed it was.

Amelia turned away as she covered her mouth to stop herself from gagging.

"You don't get it, do you?" Jake sighed without taking his eyes off the battle field, the exact opposite of what Amelia was doing "he's not pissed because of the car, although I wouldn't blame him. That was a 718 boxer with 400 hp and- right, you don't care. But my point is, his wolf's pissed because it was blatant disrespect. They knew what they were getting themselves into."

Just then one of the wolves laying injured, morphed out of his wolf form and there lay a six foot man with unhealthy green skin and uneven breaths.

Jake didn't even hesitate before running towards the man and flipping him over like a pancake, revealing a massive circular pattern with a star tattooed onto his back.

"Red bane" Amelia breathed, recognizing the symbol representing their pack. "I thought they wanted an alliance with us."

Jake's eyes twitched when his Luna used the word us, like she was still part of silver moon. It was werewolf culture to leave behind your old pack when a female found her mate, especially when you were a Luna.

Just like how human Kings and Queens renounce any other nationality before marrying into the throne of another country to avoid political problems and accusations of disloyalty. But he let it go, now was not the time and even he knew that.

"This is good news for you, if Red bane was responsible for the attacks, that automatically breaks their treaty with silver moon. And since we've always hated their guts, we can now hate their guts together," Jake pulled out her hand to give her a high five.

What was this? His twisted idea of a suitable replacement for friendship bracelets?

But he had a point. The main reason Isaac's pack and her family's pack had tension was because silver moon had been talking with the Blood hound's worst enemy- Red bane.

Now they had, for some reason attacked and made an enemy of silver moon, and like they say- the enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Not after long, majority of the Red bane wolves had been taken down and the remaining ones retreated while they still had a chance. Most likely after getting orders from the Alpha. They couldn't afford to lose any more wolves.

Amelia breathed in softly as Jake raced all the way to Isaac's side, yelling profanities at the fleeing wolves- telling them they better run while he laughed hysterically.

This gave a silent shadow enough time to sneak up behind Amelia. It couldn't have been a werewolf, the shadow seemed to pop out of thin air, skillfully place a cloth over her mouth, drugging her and whipping out of there in the speed of light.

The brunette awoke in a dark room. The floor she laid on was soaked with water that leaked from a rusty old pipe above her head. Small beams of light, escaping through cracks in the brick wall allowed Amelia to understand she was in a prison.

She had been drugged, the room was still spinning and it was painful to let her voice out, let alone move a finger.

What seemed like hours later, the sound of two men caught Amelia's attention. She immediately closed her eyes and stiffened up, trying to act like she hadn't woken up.

The two men opened the door and stepped in. After two seconds of agonizing silence, one of them whistled as he casually picked up a brick that was laying on the floor and smashed it against the wall behind Amelia.

Amelia instinctively rolled over to avoid crushing her skull.

"Told you she was awake, Azrael," came one of their enchanting voices. A sound so sweetly hypnotizing, it could probably lullaby someone to sleep, but at this moment it froze Amelia's blood. What were they?

------------------------------------