You can't beat my crazy

Blood hounds!?

Blood hounds!?

From every pack in the whole wide world, her mate was the Alpha of the nightmare pack. They were known to be merciless. A pack of savage criminals. They were number one on her pack's avoid at any cost list.

She stood there gobsmacked. 'ever since I was a child I didn't ask for crazy things like a prince in shining armour nor did I want one. All I wanted was peaceful life of solitude, an abundance of my enemies dead and a lot of money but no! I got stuck with someone more unhinged than myself!

Amelia knew she had to get away and who knew where they would take her after this? So when his little speech was over and the pack was dismissed, the Alpha was discussing something with four of his pack members, her hand still tightly locked in his. She did something she probably wouldn't have done if she wasn't so high on adrenaline. She kicked her mate where the sun didn't shine, his hands fell and he loosened his grip on her for a moment, and then she ran.

Everyone who witnessed it froze, their eyes turning darker, not knowing what to do when they saw their Alpha's knees hit the ground as he groaned in pain while his mate made a dash for it.

Should they chase her? But they couldn't touch her. The Alpha had made it crystal clear that you didn't touch what was his. And reputed arsonist or not, they didn't disrespect their Alpha. So they stood still, deadly scowls painted on their faces, ready for permission to drag back the girl.

But the Alpha begrudgingly got up, seeming to have recovered from his previous discomfort, his blue eyes strangely pitch black with anger, contrasting his pale skin. It would have been a mercy for Amelia to have been dragged back by the arsonists because the beast that was now threatening to be unleashed was not as kind.

She ran and ran, all the bystanders watched her but strangely enough, they watched her with blank, expressionless,  corpse like faces and no one tried to get in her way, the same way no one chased her when she disrespected their Alpha.

They looked at her like emotionless mannequins. This made her want to run even faster. She ran, ran as fast as her now weak legs could take her, into the forest.

The reason no one tried to stop her was because this was some kind of sick hunt. It had happened many times before and no one took the Alpha's prey from him. It was his to kill.

Amelia recognised his scent and ducked behind some wild bushes, closing her eyes and focusing on it to try and locate him. But something strange happened. His scent suddenly disappeared-but that was impossible, he must have masked it! No one could just disappear. She got up, knowing full well, she couldn't stay in the same place for too long.

Before she took her first step, he appeared in front of her in a flash. His expression icy and his claws coming out. He picked Amelia up by the neck with one arm and ruthlessly tossed her on the ground. It took a particularly twisted person to be capable of killing their mate.