Not a Damsel in Distress

Iris swung her sword at Amelia- full force

Iris swung her sword at Amelia- full force. Left. Right. Left. Left. Amelia commanded herself blocking all of Iris' hits.

Her Alpha's son, her best friend, Blake had taught her how to fight.

Every move Iris made was fast and precise and every move Amelia made was becoming sloppier and getting her one step closer to being killed. She could not have imagined being trained to the same caliber as Iris, the red head was a killing machine and she was gaining speed.

Amelia could see why she was known as the best and it frightened her. How could someone this deadly exist?

Amelia was struggling to block Iris' swings while the red head looked like she was just warming up. She knew in terms of skill, Iris had her beat. Every one of her movements was flawless, her blade was an extended version of her arm. She had to take advantage of Iris' weaknesses. She had to outsmart Iris but it was slightly difficult to formulate a plan while also trying to make sure someone doesn't slit your throat.

To make matters worse, word of the fight had spread and dozens of more people had joined to watch, making loud bets and crude comments.

'Now I get to die in front of a massive crowd of cheering felons. Just peachy' she thought silently as Iris finally cut the skin on her arms.

The crowd cheered, screaming and howling.

Iris drew first blood and Amelia's panic clouded her mind.

'Attack from the right, her right hook is weak' the usually condescending voice in her head suddenly advised out of thin air 'when she turns to block you, raise your sword to distract her and then back kick. She'll lose her balance. Create distance. It's your best shot.'

Amelia automatically followed its instructions and soon got an open advantage over Iris.

'Inside elbow.' the voice instructed her.

The swords clanked loudly.

'Outside elbow, then axe kick.'

A loud bang was heard as Amelia used offense, leaving Iris no choice but to shift to defense as she stared open mouthed at her opponent's sudden change in tactics.

But then Isaac showed up.

He arrived with three other wolves walking close behind, the one with the smug smile, Amelia recognized as the Beta.

He was probably laughing at her, he had previously warned her about the loudness of her mouth. But what unnerved her the most was Isaac's gaze focused on her as he snarled.

Isaac's arrival threw Iris off her game and filled Amelia with adrenaline as she skillfully knocked Iris' blade from her hand, shaking the red head up and slapping the crowd, who bet against her, in the face. Before she had a chance to strike again Isaac spoke, his voice chilling.

"WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON?" He boomed. All the pack members bowed their head in submission, Amelia and Iris stopped fighting, afraid to anger the Alpha even more.

"Iris challenged Amelia's title, therefore Amelia accepted the challenge to combat. They intend to battle to the grave," Katherine stated calmly, not risking pulling her gaze up from the ground.

"Bullshit!" Isaac growled as he walked towards the pair. "You," he growled at Iris "should have known better than to go around insulting her the very day she arrived!" 

"This is something every new comer goes through, it is tradition," Iris tried to defend herself very quietly.

"THIS IS MY PACK! SO FOR NOW FUCK TRADITION," Isaac's voice was a storm  "DOES ANYONE DARE TO DISAGREE?"

No one did.

He grabbed Amelia's arm and with a last threatening glare, stormed through the crowd, walking into the dark and quiet part of the territory, pulling Amelia close behind him.

"You're gripping my arm too tightly," Amelia complained "it hurts!"

"Shut up," He seethed.

"You don't have to be so dramatic, isn't this how you usually solve problems around here?" Amelia stated.

Isaac didn't say anything until they reached a big house, surrounded by tall beautiful trees. The house had huge glass windows and an elegant fountain in front of it. Isaac unlocked the front door with a key and pulled Amelia inside, closing the door.

"I'm not being dramatic, you're being an idiot."

"You don't get to so blatantly insult my pack in front of me and live to tell the tale, you're the one that broke your pack's law by interfering in the fight!" Amelia argued.

"Because you were, as expected, making stupid decisions," Isaac yelled, one of his hands going through his hair in frustration "You shouldn't have fallen for their taunting."

"You shouldn't have put me in a room where I would be put in a position to do exactly what you thought I would do when you didn't want it to happen."

"I wanted to see your level of tolerance, which is fucking brilliant by the way, a whole five minutes," he snarled.

"Well now that you know my tolerance level, you would be wise to get out of my personal bubble!"

"I own this land so you don't get to have a personal bubble."

"Own it? Oh I didn't know you came out of the soil like an aspiring potato plant and peed all over this place," Amelia mocked.

"For a girl who was almost slaughtered five minutes ago, you sure are mouthy, you should be thanking me."

Amelia didn't know it was possible to hate him more than she did at that moment.

"Your men Kidnapped me," she said grinding her teeth.

"Really? No they would never-" Isaac replied drily

"And I was thrown in your dungeon."

"For two seconds."

"I was then introduced to my mate, who took my arrival as a chance to prepare his men for war, before even asking for my name."

"Sounds like a pretty decent guy to me-"

"I then jumped into a lake and was introduced to his psycho friend Iris."

"ok that's not true, she's not my-" Isaac tried.

"I and my pack were both insulted in the span of five minutes and when I finally got a chance to cut the bitch, YOU stepped in," she glared "so excuse me, Isaac, for not getting on my knees and thanking you."

Amelia stepped closer in defiance.

"Maybe you've been watching too many movies so let me explain it to you slowly. I'm not a damsel in distress that needs to be saved from the fire breathing dragon. So if you were looking for one, you've come to the wrong place because I am the fire breathing dragon. And now I'm going to go and do what fire breathing dragons do best. Scare the shit out of people who try to fight them."

And for the first time in twenty one years, Isaac black was speechless.

---------------------------------

What do you think? Comment and vote cx :3