The great escape

If looks could kill, Amelia would have been dead five seconds ago

If looks could kill, Amelia would have been dead five seconds ago. Isaac's eyes started turning black again. This was an experience Amelia would have liked to avoid repeating.

"Calm...down" Jake tried to reason with Isaac.

"Telling someone to calm down only agitates them further." Amelia whisper yelled.

"Well excuse me for trying to help!"

He was right, this was Amelia's fault. She had to handle it.

"Why do you always have to be so irritating?" Isaac seethed "couldn't you just behave yourself for one day?"

"I'm not your pet to go around behaving myself and I contacted my family. That's not a crime"

Isaac roughly grabbed her arm and dragged her upstairs, Jake tried to get in his way, but Amelia stopped him. They couldn't have this argument in front of the pack members. Especially since they would all take his side.

Jake followed them upstairs, refusing to listen to Amelia. Amelia was touched by his persistence to help but Isaac turned around and used his Alpha command to get Jake's wolf to submit.

Jake looked like he was having an internal struggle but at last he put his head down and got on his knee. The Alpha had won. The Beta was meant to serve the Alpha, he couldn't disobey Isaac.

Amelia felt like her arm would snap off any second. Holding back tears of pain she grabbed a glass vase they passed by and slammed it behind isaac's head which such intensity and anger it knocked him out.

Amelia stared at her mate who was passed out on the floor. You weren't suppose to harm your mate. Ever. She grew up treasuring the mate bond, but now she stood over Isaac's body, blood dripping from the side of his head. I did this Amelia cried.

She took a deep breath, she had to leave right now. If she looked at him one more time she was going to break. The last thing she would do was spend the rest of her life with Isaac Black.

She opened the window as she wiped a tear from her face. They were on the second floor and there was a latch below her window.

Her arm still throbbed as she jumped onto the latch, there were people celebrating in the garden moving in and out of the house. She moved across it sideways so she was now at the backside of the house.

When she was sure there was no one around, she griped a long metal pipe and slipped down it, putting her feet on the wall to keep her grip.

As soon as her feet touched the ground she bolted. She still remembered the route she took when she came to this place.

She ran across the barren land, through the forest and towards the border which was guarded with dangerous looking men.

Amelia stopped, composed herself and walked with a confident stride, which was the opposite of the crumbling devastation she was feeling inside.

"Stop right there!" one of the guards called but was taken aback when he realised who it was.

"LUNA" he bowed and the others followed "aren't you needed at the gathering in the Alpha's house?"

"I need to go check on something outside the border, don't worry I'll be back in about thirty minutes" Amelia said with a smile.

"I'm sorry, we can't...without the Alpha." another one of the guards stumbled.

"Isaac gave me permission, I'm his mate, I have my ways of convincing him" she smiled deviously and they all looked uncomfortable. Little did they know she actually meant smashing a vase on his head.

"We'll mind link him just to make a conformation Luna."

"You can try but he won't respond because he's awfully busy and if you keep on trying, you'll piss him off and we all know what happens to people who piss him off." Amelia recalled referring to the man whose head Isaac snapped the first time she met him.

"Yes, he isn't responding...but you will have to let one of us escort you." they obviously didn't trust her too much.They were smart to do that.

"Perfect." Amelia gave them an award winning smile "then follow me."

One of them diligently walked behind her as she crossed the pack border. They walked for a good fifteen minutes before Amelia pretended to trip. "OUCH" she yelled and the guard was next to her in seconds.

"Let me see." he asked as he tried to examine the injury.

"No don't touch me! Who do you think you are?!" Amelia yelled, feeling bad about having to act like such a brat when he was only trying to help.

"Luna, I'm only trying to assist you." the guard said calmly.

"Well you can help me by going and getting a vehicle to transport me back."

"Are you unable to walk?"

"I wouldn't be lying on the floor like an imbecile if I wasn't, would I?! My ankle was already damaged from yesterday and now I snapped it again. The longer you wait, the angrier Isaac will get! Get. The. Damn. Car."

"I will mind link one of the other's to bring it. I can't leave you alone. It is too dangerous."

"No!" Amelia yelled "are you trying to push off the responsibility on someone else? I got hurt under your watch. You will bring the car. I'm sure Isaac doesn't train his guards to slack off."

The guard nodded reluctantly hearing Isaac's name and got up to follow commands.

"Oh and wait..." Amelia thought "it has to be a green car."

The guard stared at her, extremely confused.

"I'm in intense pain right now and I want a fucking green car."

"I don't think we have green cars?" The guard questioned, not understanding the conversation he was having.

"Then. Paint. One"

The guard stood there gobsmacked.

"Go! Do you want to be known as the Luna murderer! Move your ass!"

The guard nodded, seeming distressed at the possibility of being called a Luna murderer. Probably because he knew exactly what Isaac was capable of.

As soon as the guard was out of sight, she got up and ran.

---------------------------------